𝙿𝚎𝚐𝚐𝚢𝚢

steve's pov
"uh what?"

"yeah her water broke like 5 minutes ago. I tried calling Steve by he wasn't picking up"

"Lemme ask him" he put the phone down. "babe check your phone"

"I don't have my phone. I left it at home. why what happened"

"Dammit Steve" be put the phone back to his ear. "he forgot it home. we'll be right there" he hung up

"baby what happened?"

"Wanda's water broke" he said calmly
I nodded and then realized what he just said.
"BABE WANDA'S WATER BROKE."

"yeah? so?" he said as he slipped his milkshake.

"SHES HAVING THE BABY. RIGHT NOW. GIVE ME YOUR PHONE" I snatched the phone out of his pocket and phoned Nat.

"Hey Nat where are you guys."

"We're driving to the hospital. took you guys long enough"

"Haha very funny. we'll be there soon. call me when you get there or if anything happens"

"okokok bye"

i put the phone in my pocket, picked up all out rubbish, took the fries and dragged Bucky to the car. I drove this time.

"I thought the baby was due next week"

"I know I thought so too but maybe she couldn't wait any longer" I said, trying to lift the tension.

"hey Steve. what will she be like?"

"what do you mean"

"peggy. do you think she'll have powers? because like she has mine, yours and Wanda's DNA so do you think she'll have powers?"

"um idk buck. I've never really thought of that. Maybe. she might but if there's a chance she does, we'll have to teach her to control it" I put my hand on his thigh and sped up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the hospital and ran up to the reception.

"Hi how can I help you" the receptionist asked kindly

"Wanda Maximoff? Steve Rogers-Barnes?"

"Ah yes. here you are. Room...143"

"Thank you so much"

I dragged Bucky to the room. for some reason he didn't feel stressed or anything. he was so calm about this. it made me frustrated. like that scene from Modern Family, where Claire gets annoyed at how calm Phil is under pressure. I am Claire. We bursted into the room to see Wanda with her legs wide open, a paper kinda blanket on top. her face was sweating uncontrollably as she screamed as she pushed.

"Finally- AHHHHH what took you so long?" she asked between breaths and screams. I looked at Bucky who STILL didn't look stressed. Natasha got up from her seat and Buck sat down and gave Wanda his metal arm to squeeze. I sat on the other side of her, dabbing her forehead.

"there's a head" the doctor said. I got up and went to go see but quickly looked away and sat back down.

"there's shoulders.....chest.....push a little more.......waist....legs"

the the only noise in the room were the sounds of our daughter. the doctor showed her to us before taking her to get cleaned up. Wanda dropped her head back and let go of Bucky's hand.
"Thank you. Thank you so much" Bucky said, stiflin a sob. He got up and hugged her and kissed her forehead. the doctor came back with Peggy in a light pink blanket and handed her to me.
it was amazing. 9 months I've waited for this. and it's all been worth it. she had light blue eyes just like me and dark brown hair with the tiniest hint of red like her other father and surrogate mother. she had a small round face with a cute button nose. she was perfect and I'm going to protect her with my life. I put one finger on her nose and booped it which she then grabbed and slowly examined it. I looked up at Bucky with a shocked expression on m face and saw that he had tears rolling down his face. I handed him Peggy.

Bucky's pov
Steve looked so adorable with her. it's like he's done this before. tears rolled down my face. Steve looked up at me with a shocked expression because Peggy had grabbed his finger. he slowly stretched out his arms to give me Peggy but I refused. I was scared. I've been scared from the start. I wasn't stressing out earlier because if I stressed out that would've made Steve stress out more. I was also scared that I might hurt her. I don't think I'm ready for this. I ran out the room....

steve's pov
Bucky ran out the room. I gave Peggy a kiss before handing her to Wanda and then I ran after buck. It was dark outside, I couldn't see anything. the only light was a single streetlight that outlined a figure. it was Bucky sitting on a bench. I went up to him and knelt down in front. I moved the stray strands of hair out his face and lifted it up with my finger.
"I'm scared steve. I'm really really scared" he choked out
"I know buck so am I. so am I" I reassured him. I sat next to him which he took as an opportunity to sit on my lap and straddle me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled as he put his head in the crook of my neck. I rubbed his back softly.
"wha... what if something happens. like something terrible like aliens invade the city and we leave her alone by acccident. or what happens if someone breaks in while we're on a mission and Jarvis can't do anything. or we mess up like forget to feed her or I hurt her-"
"Honey stop. nothing will happen. we'll never leave her alone. no one will break in, Nat will be with us for the first few months to help out and Bucky......." I held his head in my hands ".... you could've never hurt her, I'll make sure you don't, I believe that you'll be the best parent ever. this metal arm, pfft that's not dangerous anymore. So come back and hold your daughter or I'll make you" I joked. "and get off me" I lifted him off me and put him down.

we came back upstairs to the baby in a little glass crib playing with her feet next to a sleeping Wanda. I carefully took the baby out and handed her to Bucky. he was stiff at first but then relaxed and started playin with her. seeing this made me feel like the luckiest man in the world. I finally have the family I've always dreamt of.

"have you thought of a name yet?" the doctor asked as she walked in. I looked at Bucky then at Wanda.
"Yes. Margaret 'Peggy' Wanda Rogers-Barnes"
"oh wow. ok"

Margaret 'Peggy' Wanda Rogers-Barnes

10 36pm

10th April 2020?

(I'm Peggy's birthday is on the 9th but my dumbass didn't plan this right)