Part 16

Mello sighed heavily but was still unconscious. He stayed perfectly still on the bed and remained there for quite some time. After several hours he finally came to,having no idea what time it was or where he was he just knew he was in pain and all he could smell was his own blood. He groaned softly.

Matt, who usually wasn't a light sleeper, woke up hearing his voice. He turned his head carefully. "Mello...?"

Mello heard him and felt more safe now. He guessed he was home. He stared up at the ceiling and then  looked down at Matt. He stretched out one hand to him. "Ack.."

Matt grabbed his hand with both of his. Anyone could see it from his eyes: he had been crying his eyes out. "I-I was so scared... That I would lose you..."

"You..you won't..lose me that ..easily.." He choked out quietly and managed a weak smile. He didn't take his gaze away.

He squeezed his hand tighter not noticing it. "Your face..." he whispered. Mello's smile faded and he turned his head away , wincing a bit. "..how ..bad is..it?" He said in a sore voice.

"It's not that bad, Mello..." Matt said. "Look at me, please." He really wished he wouldn't have said such a thing.

Mello slowly looked back at him. "Don't lie.."he muttered softly.

"You aren't ugly, Mels. You look actually good while thinking what made it." He massaged his hand gently.

Mello sighed quietly and said nothing. He coughed a bit shutting his eyes as he did so and then opened them again ,staring at the gamer once more.

"How are you feeling? Anything I could do?" Matt asked, gently kissing his hand.

"I ache..and hurt everywhere.."the blonde groaned a little. "Just..just stay with me" he added ,closing his eyes again.

"I'll never leave," he whispered and stayed like it.

That made him smile a little and he breathed out softly. He did not take his hand away,as long as Matt was with him he knew he would be okay. The red head would help him he just knew it.

Matt was still worried about him. He knew how Mello never wanted to show if he got hurt. He really wished the blonde would tell.

After awhile of just laying there,silent accept for his breathing he hissed a little. His face and one side of his chest was stinging with pain. He didn't like to feel weak but knew he needed help plus cleaning up since he was a mess. "Matt.."

"Hmh?" Matt looked at him.

"Do ..we have any paracetamol or something...something to ease the pain at all?" He said through gritted teeth. He hated this but was glad Matt was here.

"I'll check. Good that you asked." He let go of him and walked out, soon coming back. "Here."

Mello looked up at him and slowly extended His arm and took them from him. He bought the two tablets to his mouth and swallowed them. "Thanks.." He said quietly.

"You're welcome... Do you mind if I come next to you?" Matt asked silenty.

"You don't..need to ask..just come here..dumbass" he half chuckled half coughed. As always he called Matt names for a joke even in a serious situation such as this.

He got next to him and held his hand. "You're the idiot here, blowing up buildings like that..."

Mello clutched it softly as he looked at him. "I know..but what choice did I have?" He muttered and he sighed. He regretted it all the same.

"Don't worry about it, darling..." He mumbled.

Mello tightened his grip around his hand and shut his eyes.  "Okay.."

The redhead gave a small smile and closed his eyes as well. "Rest..."

Mello only answered in a soft sigh and just lay there, not once did he let go off Matt. He felt himself begin to drift away again.

He was mentally tired, and decided to be lazy and sleep as well. And, Mello wouldn't want to let go.

Mello was both worn physically and mentally but Matt eased his pain, just his presence was helping him. After all He could not get through this alone. Eventually he was fully asleep.

He smiled seeing Mello asleep. His body really wasn't ugly. He closed his eyes silenty.

Mello was actually quite lucky. He had only been burned on half his arm,part of his shoulder and down one side of his chest. He could have got off a lot worse. Mello turned his head and leant it against Matt's slowly without even knowing.

Matt kissed his jaw line softly, before slowly falling asleep as well.

Mello smiled a little in his sleep at that and let out a soft sigh.

The redhead kept sleeping silenty, hand in hand with the blonde like that.