Part 27

Matt was scared, angry and sad at the same time. But when Mello usually the most angry, he was sad. He felt tears starting to roll down his cheeks. "N..no... Please..."

He himself was trying so hard not to cry. He didn't know what to do,he just felt emptiness and sorrow. "I-I'm..I'm sorry..." He stuttered out,he didn't know what else to say. It was all he could say.

"I love you, Mello. A-all over my heart. It's all yours. And you're the most beautiful person to m-me, and you will always be. I couldn't live a single day without you and it rips my heart to pieces when I see you hurt. If you just promise me.... N-never again... You won't be alone, you'll always be with me so long as I am alive..." he kissed his forehead and pulled him to his lap. "You're still my Mello no matter what. I love y-you." He sighed still crying.

Mello shakily wrapped his arms around him and held onto him tightly,not wanting to let go. Not even for a second. Those words,had caused tears to fall. He buried his face into his chest. "I-i..love you too.. S-so ..fucking m-much..."he choked out.

He hugged him tightly and was careful to not hurt Mello.
How didn't I notice before? he silenty mocked himself, blamed himself for not realizing before.

He eventually stopped shaking and just fell limp in his arms. He sighed softly and pushed his head into his chest more for comfort. Tears still fell,staining Matt's shirt.

He stayed there, holding Mello and protecting him from the other world outside the house. He just kept him there.

Mello stayed still in his embrace ,he felt safe. He closed his eyes.

"Mello."
His voice was a little raspy, but he managed to speak normally.

He slowly leant his head back to look at him with watery sad eyes.

"Just remember that every time I look at you I fall in love again." Matt wiped Mello's tears away gently, caressing his cheek. It wasn't a lie. It was the only truth Matt knew that moment. He wasn't sure if life would go on, he wasn't sure if the moon did exist, but he knew he loved Mello madly and truly.

He ever so slowly smiled ,his lips trembling slightly. So many times Matt had left him lost for words and yet again this was one of those times. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

Matt kissed his cheek softly, and kept holding him. It was warm to be there, and he loved it.

He closed his eyes again,feeling calmed by his affectionate gestures. He then rested his head into the crook of Matt's neck,nuzzling him slightly.

He stared out from the small window. It was dark outside. Was the whole world this dark? In the dark could get lost. He wished Mello wasn't lost, not anymore. Just knowing that the blonde was alive, there, on his lap, made him feel alright.
Maybe the world wasn't so dark at all.

He sighed and kept his head where it was. The two stayed there for a long time. He didn't want to move and he could tell Matt didn't want to either. It was so warm being held by him that he slowly began to fall asleep. He knew he was safe now.

He felt him starting to fall asleep, so he waited and was soon asleep himself too.

He slept peacefully in his arms and snuggled his head into his neck more.

When the redhead woke up, it was already sunny outside and the sunlight hit his eyes. He closed them again for a while, realizing his arms were still locked around the blonde.

Mello was still asleep ,he was so warm and comfortable. He made soft murmuring sounds in his sleep.

He smiled softly, eyes still closed as he listened to Mello's breathing.

He sighed lightly. Matt always knew how to comfort him. It was gonna be hard but with Matt to help him Mello knew he had hope of pulling through. He stirred and slowly began to wake up.

Matt stayed still, oh, how peaceful he looked like that.

He blinked open his eyes and lifted his head from his neck,staring up at him.

Matt opened his eyes half and smiled a little. "Hi..."

"Hey..." He answered ,his voice quiet. He then yawned.

Matt smiled softly and kissed his nose. "Still tired?"

He giggled a little ,slightly smiling back. "Yeah,a bit.."

"You can keep sleeping, I don't mind." Matt silenty wondered if Mello's hips were hurt from yesterday. They had done it quite rough.

"No, I'm fine." he said softly. He then looked behind him to where his trousers lay wanting to put them on ,but he didn't want to move.

"Good." He mumbled and let go of him. "Get dressed, I need a cigarette."

"Okay..." He answered and reached out ,grabbing his trousers.

He walked out from the house and started to smoke. It was quite early.

He stood up and soon slipped on his trousers. Now he was fully dressed. He walked to the window ,wincing painfully as he did so. "Fuck..." He muttered to himself and then glanced out at the view. He sighed.

Matt's eyes fell closed once again, as the smoke filled his lungs. He sighed. It was literally poison and he knew it, but he did it still.

He stayed beside the window just staring out. Things clearly were on his mind. He sighed again.

He coughed a few times and took another one. He didn't seem to think about anything.

He finally left the window and slowly walked out of the room and out the house to find Matt. Yet again he winced and at one point always lost balance causing him to trip. He cursed under his breath and then cast a glance around ,searching for Matt.

Matt had already moved to a third cigarette and was sitting on the stairs face away from Mello coughing a little from the smoke.

The blonde noticed him and half stumbled half walked over to him. "Matt..?"