Part 21

"Well I'm glad you at least think so." he replied and closed his eyes as Matt traced his fingers over his scar.

"Does it hurt?" He asked just in case. He was sometimes too worried even when sometimes he Wouldn't leave his game even when outside the building would be a war. It was hard for him to see his loved one like this. He didn't feel any want towards playing if Mello wasn't alright.

"A little but nothing I can't handle" he said quietly. He wished Matt wouldn't worry so much. He also didn't like getting too much attention despite how much he was suffering. He opened his eyes. "What about you? Do they hurt?" He asked looking down at his arm and then back at him.

"No," he said automatically even when it was a lie. They did hurt still. But he ignored it so well he could. At least he tried.

His eyes narrowed. He answered too quick and he knew. He knew it was a lie. He could read Matt like a book. "Liar" he muttered under his breath.

"What? No. It's fine. Isn't hurting." He tried his best. It wasn't time to worry about his stupidness.

"Okay fine." he snapped a little. He didn't mean to though. He just didn't like lying and he was covering up his sadness about the whole thing.

"Don't be mad, Mels," he sighed, knowing what he was doing too well.

He huffed and closed his eyes staying silent for a few minutes and then opened them,staring at him. "Sorry" he said.

"My fault." He shrugged, like it would be alright. Nothing was alright. And they knew it.

He sighed and looked away from him,staring out the window like he did earlier. He seemed distant,not really sure what to do anymore. Hw wanted to help Matt but couldn't help but think 'how can I help him when I can't even help myself?' But no matter what he would try. He did not want him going through this.

Matt smiled weakly and massaged his hand. Wanting to keep himself doing something.

Mello let him,it was somewhat calming although he felt a bit stressed. "Matt if you want to go play your games then by all means go do that." he said.

"You're more important... I can't leave you alone..." He mumbled.

He secretly smiled ,glad he wanted to stay because he wanted him to stay too.  "Alright." he answered.

He climbed back to the bed and hugged Mello. "Hmh, you really should eat something, are you getting skinny?"

"Don't feel like eating." he shrugged hugging back lightly.

"I'll make you eat, if not today, then tomorrow, you need to get better." Matt kissed his forehead.

"...okay" he said quietly giving in. It wasn't with protesting. Matt would do everything to make him better no matter what he did. He Nuzzled him a little.

"Feeling lazy, huh?" He asked smiling. "You know what we're going to do when this whole... Mess is over? We're going to watch a movie cuddling. That's what normal couples do, I suppose. And we're going to take a long midnight walk on the countryside and maybe go swimming there. We can eat pizza in a pizzeria in the middle of nothing at 2 am, tired from traveling around the country... Together. And when the night is cold, you drink hot chocolate and I'll hug you while the TV's on and wrap a blanket around us. When you're ready, I could kiss you. And of course tell you that I love you. We could do such things, couldn't we?" Matt stroked his back. "And then I would buy you flowers. Good boyfriends always buy flowers and chocolate. And since you're my princess, I have to."

Mello stared deep into his eyes as he listened to his words and a smiled slowly spread across his face. "Sounds perfect,absolutely perfect" he whispered and he meant it. Their troubles and problems may take awhile to get over but Mello had hope that they would make it.