Sunflowers (Andrew)

(your pov) 

Summertime in Arendelle was always beautiful all the flowers were in bloom. The bees were buzzing, birds chirping their lovely songs, and everyone was in a wonderful mood! I on the other hand was freaking out! Andrew was nowhere to be found! I sucked at being his maid He was always running off and I could never keep track of him anymore. Sure we are the same age but man he’s way faster than I was by a long shot. But, I couldn’t blame him being locked up in the castle all those years and finally having Elias open the gates of the castle. Who could blame the young prince for wanting to be outside and run around the town? But, it was so hard to keep track of him! 

“Andrew! Andrew!” I yelled out walking through the sunflower fields surrounding the castle. This is usually where I could find the young prince on warm sunny days like this. “I swear to god when I get my hands on him imma-” 

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist pulling me close “You’re gonna do what? My love?” Andrew whispers in my ear bitting the lobe gently. 

“ANDREW!” I jumped out of his arms turning around to see the ginger head male smile at me. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” I yell at him hitting his shoulder gently. 

He chuckles grabbing me by the waist once again dipping me while staring into my (e/c) eyes. “Now why does my love look at me with so much hate?” He asks standing me upright and kissing the palm of my hand like a gentleman. 

“I look at you with so much hate because lunch was over an hour ago. Elias is gonna get worried about you, Andrew!” I scolded him while waving my finger around. 

Andrew pouts slightly making a kissy face at me “Why does my love not shower me with kisses? While I shower her with love every time I see her beautiful face?” he asked while getting closer to me. Slowly I backed away from the kissy-faced male “Now, she backs away from me? While I’m prepared to give her the best of kisses?” 

I was backed up against a tree and Andrew cuts off my exits by placing his hands either side of my face. “If I give you a kiss? Would you let me go?” I ask blushing softly by his approach. He is rather the bold type, wasn’t he? Andrew nodded enthusiastically leaning in closer his lips puckered. Leaning in also I gave him a quick peck on the lips then pulled away with a slight smile gracing my lips. He may be a flritous man but I’m a tease. “HEY! That wasn’t even a kiss! That was a peck!” he said a sad expression crossing his features. That face I didn’t like seeing Andrew sad cause it wasn’t like him to be this way. “My sunflower please don’t be upset with me,” I said while sliding down the tree sitting on the ground beneath him. He looked down at me with a gentle smile. I patted the space next to me and he sat down quickly “Can I play with your hair?” I asked messing with a ginger strand between my fingers already. 

“You know you don’t have to ask.” He said laying his head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his ginger hair enjoying the soft texture. Andrew always had very soft hair. Guess I should explain what’s going on between me and the young prince? During the years that Elias kept the gates closed, Andrew and I grew closer. Very close one night about 1 year ago he confessed his feelings to me. Me a humble and simple maid he could have anyone in the world a princess also screw you princess Hannah for trying to steal Andrew from me with some twisted plot. Anyway getting off the topic now. Andrew and I have been dating for well over a year but we had to keep it secret. It would be considered very scandalous that a maid was dating royalty after all. The sunflower fields are always the perfect place we can go to. No one ever saw us here the sunflowers gave us to cover and they also acted like a maze. Only me and Andrew knew how to get to this clearing. So if people tried to follow us in here they couldn’t they would get lost. 

“(Y/n)?” 

“Yes?” I looked down at Andrew. The way that he was laying had his head looking up so I leaned over his face. 

“I love you.” He said moving his hand to cup my face gently with a smile. I leaned into his touch holding his hand to my cheek kissing it gently. To some people, this may appear as a simple gesture but to Andrew and me. This was the world to us we didn’t need to show our love through big over the top gestures a simple peck of the lips or a kiss on the hand was enough for us. We didn’t even need to say I love you cause we already know how much we loved each other without the need for the words. Saying ‘I love you’ is something we rarely say cause there’s no need.

“And I do you,” I said with a smile. Andrew pulled me down gently kissing me deeply before pulling away. We felt a cold breeze waft through making us both shiver. Andrew sat up and there stood a furious Elias hands on waist. 

“How long?” Elias asks us. 

“ O-One year,” Andrew answers his hands shaking who can blame him for being nervous? This was bad when Andrew told Elias that he wanted to marry Hannah he froze Arendelle. God knows what he’ll do to Andrew now! Maybe freeze the whole world for all I know! What’s gonna happen to me?! Will I be banished to the ends of the world? Will I be put on stable duty until I die?! Elias starts laughing holding his stomach while doing. What the hell? Has Elias lost his mind?

“Haha, I know already.” Elias said while approaching the two of us “You’re not very sneaky Andrew. I see you every night sneaking out and going to (y/n)’s room.” He smirked at the two of us. I giggled at Andrew’s lack of stealth but Elias sends a look my way “You’re not any better putting Andrews strawberries in the form of a heart on his plate isn’t any better.” He sighed while wagging his fingers at the both of us. 

“You knew? Why didn’t you say anything?” Andrew asks standing up shaking Elias slightly. 

Elias just laughs pushing Andrew away brushing off his suit “Cause it wouldn’t be fun this way~” He said with a wink grabbing a sunflower petal of the floor “In the sunflower meadow. You two have been meeting in secret. Having a picnics, laying about, enjoying each other’s company? I envy your guy’s carefree energy. Unlike me who has a whole kingdom to rule and guide. Speaking of which I have to go approve plate settings for the summer festival.” Elias waves goodbye walking in the sunflowers going back to the castle. 

Andrew looks over at me and I look at him. We were probably asking each other what the hell just happened. 

“Soooo should we make out now?” Andrew asks breaking the silence. 

“ANDREW!” I shoved his shoulder making us fall over and roll down the hill. Andrew lands on top of me he gives me a goofy smile leaning down “So my love. What was that you were saying yesterday? About kissing all my freckles? Prepare those lips cause you’re gonna have to do a lot of kissing ahead of you.” He said puckering up his lips preparing for kisses. Oh god, this man was so cute to cute for his own good. I gently pinched his nose laughing a little. 

“My sunflower how did I get blessed with such a cute boyfriend?” I asked him while starting to kiss the freckles on his cheeks. 

“I could ask the same thing about you, my love,” he said enjoying the pecks all over his face that he was receiving. This is where we stayed all afternoon me kissing Andrew’s cheeks and everywhere else that he had freckles and I mean everywhere.