Introduction

Kitiara POV

My life hasn't always been easy, my parents died in a car accident when I was pretty young. I was seven when it happened, it broke my heart when they died, it was even harder when it came to the funeral. But I remember what my parents said to me whenever I felt sad or discouraged. I repeated their words in my head, I had to remain strong for them.

My Uncle Luis was the one who offered to care for me, and so it was decided that I would be living with him from now on. He cared about me for sure, but most of the time it felt like I was on my own. He would go out a lot, and would come home really late. Now I know what your thinking "He probably came home really drunk", but no he didn't. He actually came home super exhausted and sometimes had bruises all over his arms. At first I thought my Uncle was doing street fights for money, but I didn't want to believe it. Later I learned that he was fighting for money, but he didn't fight like wrestlers do, instead it was karate mixed with Jujitsu.

My Uncle decided to teach me how to fight in order to protect myself, in case I ever got into any trouble or someone wanted to cause harm to me. My Uncle was a little hard on me, he wanted me to be prepared to take on the world. I would feel so sore after each training session, but I've grown used to it.

Later on I decided to enroll in a university, not far from here. I always worked twice as hard, and made sure to keep up with all my assignments. I also joined a robotics club, since after some time I started inventing again. I created bouncing shoes that allowed me to jump pretty high and it also had shock absorb impact so that I would land safely. One night there was a festival going on in Downtown San Fransokyo. I wanted to go so badly, but my Uncle didn't allow me, but I wasn't gonna take no for an answer, I'm eighteen for crying out loud! When he went out as usual, I decided to sneak out. I put an alarm on my wristwatch to tell me when I should head back, just in case I wandered off and did something else.

I planned on using my bounce shoes to help me get there quickly. It was going to be my first test on trying these out, soo.. hopefully I don't end up in the hospital. I grabbed my cloak that went to my mid calf and headed towards the roof.

*Many Stairs Later *

I pushed the door open and stepped out onto the roof. I looked around a bit admiring the view. "San Fransokyo looks beautiful at night", I mumbled. As I was admiring the view I was able to see where the festival was. I gave a small nod and turned on my shoes. I pulled up my hood and took a deep breath "Okay here we go", I said, and with that I started to run. As I reached the edge of the building, I held my breath.... and jumped.

I was so high in the air, I could practically see half the city, I may have been a bit dramatic, but I was so overwhelmed with the view. I looked down and saw that the roof I was going to land on was getting closer. I closed my eyes and got ready for impact, when I opened them I had landed safely. I looked behind me and then looked at my shoes. "It worked", I whispered. I smiled and then chuckled to myself feeling so accomplished. "Now to the festival". I continued to jump building to building until I finally reached the festival. I pulled my hood down and jumped off the building I was on and went on my exploration.

It was all so beautiful, I tried a lot of their foods and played some games. At the end there was a mini Parade of performers like people doing cool flips and women dancing with their umbrellas and fans. I was very intrigued on the performance that I didn't watch where I was going, and bumped into someone "Oh, sorry", I said sheepishly "It's quite alright", he said with a kind smile, I returned the smile and continued to watch the performance. It was all so amazing, when everything came to an end, I headed home. I decided to take the scenic route, but what I didn't know was that a certain Professor had saw me.

The next morning my Uncle sent me to go pick up breakfast, since we were both too lazy to cook. I entered a little shop that was also a restaurant, and ordered what my Uncle and I wanted. The shop owner told me it would take about fifteen minutes. I took this time to explore the shop, as I was looking around I bumped into someone. I was going to apologize, but when I looked up I was shocked to see that it was the same man from last night.