Decisions and Discussions

Hiccup's P.O.V.

"Well..." I start nervously. "I would like to ask for your blessing... to marry your daughter."

I look to him anxiously as he stays completely silent. For some reason I have a feeling he's going to kill me, just for asking such a question. Well, at least I asked instead of just doing it... right?? He can't kill me for asking, right? Damn, I know he's a nice guy but yet here I am shivering in my seat! What is wrong with me?!

It feels like forever when he finally responds, and to my surprise, he's not angry. I thought he would've yelled but he doesn't, instead he asks a question.

"You want to marry my daughter?" He asks me as he folds his hands and rests them on the table.

I nod slowly, keeping my gaze on him. "Y-yes sir... I do..." I stutter.

He looks to me with a stern look. It's not really a glare but it sure as hell feels like one. I'm sure he could burn me to death with it. Now I'm probably just overreacting, though, then again I might not.

"Why?"

I look to him a bit startled. Did he just ask me why I wanted to marry his daughter? What kind of question is that??

I look to him as he raises his eyebrow in question. I realized I haven't his question yet so I clear my throat before doing so. "Well... I love your daughter. She makes me smile and I want nothing more than to protect her. I want a family with her."

I watch as he listens to half of my explanation to his question. There's more reasons why I want to marry her but I don't think he needs to know all of them. At least I hope he doesn't want to know them all. I promise none of them are bad, they are just.... personal.

He stays quiet for what seems like another hour. As I wait for him to speak I start to hear commotion in the main work room. Astrid and the others must be back with lunch. Great.. now what am I going to tell her when she sees me walk out of her fathers office?? That'll be an interesting explanation. I wouldn't be able to tell her the truth because then it might ruin things.

"Do you truly love my daughter?" He asks my seriously.

"Yes, I do. I would give my life for her if it ever came down to it." I admit with no hesitation. If I know anything, I know I love Astrid. Now let's hope I can convince him of that.

He nods before speaking. "Well then—"

Astrid's P.O.V.

I walk into the work space to see no sign of my Hiccup. I had sent him a text when we left to let him know we were on our way back but he never responded. I walk to our desks to see his phone sitting next to his keyboard. Now why would he walk away from his phone? He usually has it on him in case any of his family members call.

I look around the space and see the blinds in my fathers office slightly open, allowing me to see two figures chatting. The bigger one is my father, as he sits behind his desk with his hands folded together. Across from is the slim figure of Hiccup. Hiccup... why would Hiccup be in my fathers office? He's not in trouble is he? It seems I'll have to ask him when he walks out.

I sit in my chair and wait patiently for Hiccup to come out of my fathers office. I even set our food down and pulled out each of our meals, smelling the goodness of the meals before me. I know he wouldn't mind if I started without him but I would feel bad for doing so. We usually eat our meal together, chatting as we do. Jack think it's odd but Elsa thinks it's really cute. She says it makes us look like a married couple who love each other dearly. And she's not wrong about it either, I do really love Hiccup. I would love for the chance to become his wife as well as be the mother to his children.