A Regular Camping Day

Astrid's P.O.V.

I wake up to feel a strong pair of arms around me. I smile and open my eyes to see Hiccup fast asleep with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I look down to his chest to see that he's shirtless. My eyes widen for a second and I peeked under the covers to see that we are both still in our clothes. I sighed in relief and snuggled into Hiccup's chest.

I closed my eyes again and take in his nature scent. I love that scent. Every time I smell it, I always think of the outdoors and all the things I love doing. It reminds me that we are out on a camping trip with his little sister Hope. She's so cute if you ask me. You can tell they're related just by looking at them. Even just listening to them talk, you can tell their personalities are almost the same.

As I rest against Hiccup's bare chest, I start smelling something cooking outside of the tent. I can't quite tell what it is but it smells really good. I open my eyes and slowly make my way out of Hiccups arms and out of the tent. I peck my head though the door of the tent to see Hope making breakfast. Before heading out, I double check my clothing to make sure it's appropriate enough to wear in front of her, and luckily it is. Just a pair a shorts and a tan top that I fell asleep in.

I quietly get out of the tent as not to disturb the sleeping Hiccup behind it. I slip my shoes on outside and walk to Hope near the fire. "That smells delicious!" I smile.

Hope turns her head in my direction and smiles. "Good morning Astrid!" She turns her attention back to pan she has placed on a cooking grate over the fire.

"Morning Hope! What are you making?" I ask as I take a seat next to her and the dogs.

"I'm making pancakes and scrambled eggs." She flips one of the pancakes in the pan.

"Sounds wonderful! Do you need any help?"

"Sure! Could you possibly start on the eggs?"

"Of course!" I get up and walk down to the cooler that sits next to the picnic table. I grab the egg carton and  grab a small bowl out from one of the camping bags. I take the eggs and start preparing them for Hope to make.

~~A Few Minutes Later~~

We get all the food made and set at the table and smile at our handwork.

"We work well together." Hope smiles as she looks towards me.

I look back at her with a smile and wrap an arm around her shoulder. "We sure do, don't we?"

We both giggle a little bit as we hear the door to one of the tents open. We both turn in that direction to see Hiccup coming out and stretching his arms in the air. "Morning!" Hope and I say in unison as we watch him slip his shoes on.

He looks up at us and smiles. "Morning girls! You ladies are up early." He walks towards us both and gives each of us a morning hug followed with a kiss on the forehead.

"No, you're just up late." Hope chuckles.

He chuckles again starts sniffing the air like he smells something. "What's that wonderful smell?" He looks toward the picnic table to see that food that we cooked moments ago sitting there waiting to be eaten. "Astrid, did you make this?" He asks.

Hope giggles silently as Hiccup walks towards the table. I chuckle a little bit as well and shake my head. "No, your sister did. I just woke up and helped a little bit."

Hope and I both head to the table as Hiccup looks at Hope. "I didn't know you could cook yet. I thought you were still learning how to cook mac n cheese."

"Mom started teaching me after you moved out of the house. You weren't around to play with anymore while mom cooked, so I started watching her as she made food for us. From then on, mom and I made it a thing we could do together. So it became mother daughter time." She smiles as she sits down on one of the benches and looks at Hiccup.

Hiccup smiles and hugs his sister from behind and kisses the top of her head. "Thanks sis. Remind me the next time you come over to have you make me food."

She chuckles and hugs him back. "You wish! You'll just have to visit us more often."

We all laugh and take a seat at the table to eat breakfast while the food is still nice and warm. The dogs lay next us and wait for any food droppings that might fall to the floor.

Hiccup takes a bite of the pancakes that we served on his plate and smiles. "This is amazing! Great job Hope!" 

"Why thank you!" She chuckles and digs into her own food followed by me.

~~Later That Day~~

Hiccup and Hope play in the water as I sit on the beach and watch. I smile as I watch Hiccup go under water and picks his sister up before throwing her into the water. Her screaming giggle makes me chuckle a bit as Hiccup bursts into laughter.

Soon, my thoughts get covered by the memory of the unborn child I used to bore. It was only a few days ago but yet it feels like it was only yesterday. Only a couple of days ago, I was pregnant with a healthy baby, and now, the child is gone and I feel complete misery.

I feel my eyes tear up a little bit so I wipe them away before anyone can see them. My friend Ruff would say it's a good thing that the child didn't make it because he was created by the monster that used to be my boyfriend. And the child would only be a constant reminder of how I was raped by the man I dread the most.

I know it was probably a good thing but I still feel terrible inside. I still feel as though it was my fault I couldn't carry the baby as long as it needed to. Or that I couldn't give enough oxogen or energy that it needed to survive. Hiccup and the others may say it's not my fault but I still feel like it is.

I close my eyes briefly and take a slow and steady breath to relax myself and clear my mind. I open my eyes again to see Hope trying to steady herself on Hiccups shoulders as he stands in the water holding her hands. I smile at the two and can't help but think about how well they get alone with each other. I wonder how Hope feels about her older brother having a girlfriend. She must feel like he won't spend enough time with her, but knowing Hiccup, I'm sure he'll make sure he has plenty of time for his sister.

While watching the two mess around in the water, I can see how Hiccup looks at his sister. He doesn't just see her as his little sister, he sees her as a best friend as well. He watches over her like he's her protector. If anything were to happen to her, he'd be gone in minutes to try and help her. He kinda looks at her like she's his only family but she's not. He has a mother and father just like me. I'm not sure how well their relationship is but I hope it isn't a bad one.

As I watch the two, I can only imagine how wonderful Hiccup would be as a dad. I know he'll make a great one. But on the other hand, I'm not sure how I'm gonna be as a mother. I just hope I'm not like mine.

---------------------------------------------

Hey Vikings!!! I hope you're all excited because I updated this one!!! It's been a long time and I finally got to updating it!!! I had a hard time figuring out what to do with the chapter so I just decided to keep it as Astrids POV and go to her thoughts!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! I'm sorry if it's boring!! I had no exciting ideas pop up in my head!! 😖 But it worked out eventually.

Question Time!!!

1. How tight do you think Hope and Hiccups bond is?

2. Do you believe the death of the unborn child was Astrid's fault?

3. What do you think will happen next?

4. What do you want to happen next?

5. Was it good or bad? (Please be honest!!!)

Please leave your answers in the comments!!!

I have one last thing to say to everyone!!

If you have any ideas for this story, please let me know in the comments below or PM me!!! I promise if I use your idea, you will be credited!!! I promise!!!

And feel free to share, comment, and follow!! I will try and follow back!!!

Anyways,

Bye for now Vikings!!!

~~HiccupsAngel 😇