Searching For Hope

Astrid's P.O.V.

Hiccup and I both look at Dagur. We just told him we believe one of his employees have been sending us emails. Not only that, but they also managed to steal some product right under his nose. From his first reaction, he doesn't believe anything Hiccup is saying. It's like he thinks none of his employees would ever do something like that.

"Are you sure it's one of my employees?" Dagur asks. "I mean just because they have one of my trackers doesn't mean it's one of my employees. Many people buy our products."

"The tracker was part of shipment. According to our specialist, a numbers on the trackers themselves where removed. One of your customers would've called you to let you know they didn't get the full amount of what they asked for." I explain.

He stays quiet for a moment, thinking. "The FBI contacted us saying they didn't get five of their trackers. We sent them the five as well as in additional ten to apologize."

"When was that order shipped? Their first one?" Hiccup asks.

"I'm not sure." Dagur goes to his computer and starts typing away. Within a minute, we have our answer. "Last Wednesday. That's when we shipped out the order. It would've gotten to them by Thursday. They called us on Friday about the missing five."

"Wait. They called you Friday about the missing trackers? We were told they were noticed missing on Sunday." I explain.

Dagur shrugs. "There's a chance it wasn't put into the system until Sunday. The system was down on Saturday. We've been having some issues with it lately. We had people working on it Saturday."

"What company worked on the system?" I ask.

"We don't have a company work on it. I have my own people. They created the server we use now, and they are the ones who fix it whenever it goes down." He explains.

I watch as Hiccup sits back in his seat. He runs a hand through his hair and looks into the distance, thinking. My guess is that he's thinking about the case, but I'm not sure what about. What we've learned has definitely changed some of the mysteries that lay inside our brains. I still try to figure out what the person in question actually wants.

After a couple of minutes of pause, Hiccup speaks up. "Can we see a list of all your employees?"

"All of them?" Dagur looks to him with wide eyes. "You want the entire list?"

Hiccup nods. "Yes, every employee you have and those you had to fire in the past couple of months."

Dagur chuckles a bit. "That's a big list brother. Are you sure you don't want to narrow it down some more?"

"I'm sure. We need to check into every single employee you have. One of them is trying to get something from us. Anyone could've pulled the trackers. Anyone. It could be one of the techies or one of the creators. If we have the entire list, then we can start cross checking them all."

"What would also be beneficial are the time sheets. We'll be able to figure out who worked the days the trackers were stolen." I add in.

Dagur looks to the two of us, as if he's waiting for something else. When we don't respond, he speaks up. "You're serious." The two of us nod in unison as he sighs. "Alright. I'll get you the lists. Just give me a couple of minutes."

The two of us nod and wait while Dagur collects the two different lists we asked for. When he hands it to us, we receive a small black flash drive. Dagur explained that we'd be getting a mountain if we got the documents in a paper format. The only thing he gives us in paper is the time sheet. That will make it a lot easier when it comes to cross referencing everyone on the lists.