Another Message

Astrid's POV

After an amazing weekend with Hiccup's family, the two of us head into work. We arrive a little late because Hiccup didn't want either of us to get up. I can't exactly blame him because I myself also wanted to stay in the comfort of his arms. But I knew none of our cases would get solved if we did that, and I really want to know who's been sending me these emails.

So, after spending a couple minutes in bed with Hiccup and then promising to make him dinner tonight, we both finally got up. I put on a simple button down shirt and a pair of jeans. I also bring along my leather jacket and have my hair up in a pony tale. Hiccup wears a simple black shirt and blue jeans, also bringing along a leather jacket.

I sip my coffee as the two of us enter the main room. Once the elevator door opens, we enter and walk over to our desks. There we see Elsa and Jack chatting to one another. I know Elsa hasn't told me much about her relationship with Jack but I have a feeling the two of them are together.

"Good morning love birds!" I say to the couple as I toss my coat onto my chair.

They both look to me, blushing hard. Hiccup and I both chuckle as the two of them try to find words to say to us.

"We are not love birds!" Elsa finally manages to spit out.

"Oh really? Last time I checked, you two were dating. Aren't I right? Or did you finally decide to dump him?" I ask simply.

She gives me a glare like I should already know the answer. "You know what I mean!"

"Do I? Because I haven't heard you talk much about him. Especially lately." I smile.

"We are not love birds!" Elsa says one more time, a blush creeping into her cheeks.

I chuckle. "You don't have to deny it!"

She looks to me and give me the "I've had enough, stop it." look. I hold my hand up in surrender and turn on my computer. She can deny it all she wants but I will get the truth out of her. No matter how long it takes, I will make her tell me. Maybe some girl time will make her talk. We haven't had that in quite a while. We both could probably use it. I know she'll want to know how Hiccup and I are doing together. And I will certainly want to know about her hidden romance with Jack.

Once my computer is on, I go into my emails. I check all of the standard mail before looking specifically for the one by our mysterious e-mailer. I even check to see if Fishlegs or Abby sent me something. While we were gone, I had asked them to take a look to see if they could find a way to track where the emails were coming from. So far, I've received nothing.

As I'm about to close out of my email, I get an email notification. I look to it to see it's from our mysterious friend. I look to the header as I hang the mouse over it. I don't know if I should read first then tell Hiccup, or tell Hiccup and read it together. Either way, well both figure out what it says.

"Hiccup, we got another email." I decide to call him over, figuring he can help soothe me if need be.

He gets up from his chair and walks over. "Did you read it yet?"

I shake my head and watch him. "No, just received it."

He nods to me and leans down with his hands against the table and the back of my chair, ready to read it with me. I look up at him before taking a breath and clicking on the email.

I hope you and the Haddock family had a wonderful time at the Cove this weekend. I understand a lot has been on your mind. I hope it relaxed you and your fishbone of a boyfriend. Do know that I will come after you. You two deserve the fate that's coming. Especially that boyfriend of yours. Do know that if I don't get what I want by the end of this month, death will come to those you love.