A Morning to Get Ready

Astrid's P.O.V.

As the sun rises, I wake up to the feeling of strong arms holding me tight. I smile to myself and snuggle close to the body that lays next to me. I feel the arms pull me closer under the covers. As I press myself against the firm body, I can feel the slow and steady breathes of his breathing. I look up to him to see him sleeping peacefully. As he sleeps, I try and think about if I wish to wake him up or if I should let him sleep.

After a little bit of thinking, I finally decide that it might be best to let him rest some more due to everything going on. So in order to let him sleep, I carefully sneak out of his hold and off the bed. I kiss his forehead before walking toward the balcony to enjoy some of the morning sun. As I step out, I take a deep breath of the fresh air and look to the view around me. With Hiccup's father as the mayor, you would think that view is filled with different activities for a variety of people. Though instead, the backyard is filled with lots of trees, flowers, and trails that one could follow when they walk past the pool.

The house here may be big but Hiccup's family doesn't seem to show it off a whole lot. The decorations around the house are subtle as well as show what's close to the family. Not once have I seen an object that looks like it was bought because it could show off the amount of money they have. Even with a fence and gate that surround the home, everything else represents the family themselves.

From the moment I have met Hiccup, he has never shown from where he's come from. He doesn't see money when it comes to relationships or anything else. He understands it's important but he doesn't let it change him in any way. I smile as I think about the amazing man I met and have gotten to know throughout the past couple of months. With every up and down that we have had, he's been there the entire time, supporting me with whatever I do.

After spending a couple minutes out on the balcony, I head back into the bedroom to see Hiccup still in bed. I smile to myself before quietly walking out of the room and closing the door behind me. I go downstairs and toward the kitchen to be greeted by Toothless and Hope's dog Angel. I pet the both of them and walk into the kitchen to see Hiccup's mother, Valka, making breakfast.

"Good morning." I say as I walk over to the kitchen island.

She looks back to me and smiles. "Good morning sweetie. How did you sleep last night?"

"Very well, thank you!" I smile.

"Would you like some coffee?" She asks.

"Oh yes please!!" I giggle and thank her when she pours me a cup.

She smiles and goes back to cooking.

As I sip my coffee, I take a look around the kitchen. I see a variety of different photos of the family as well as a collection of drawings made by both Hiccup and Hope framed on the wall. I walk over and look at the variety of drawings that have been created over the years. While looking at the pictures, I notice that both Hiccup and Hope are excellent artists. Even though I've never actually seen Hiccup draw, he seems to have a very talented hand.

While looking at the drawings and pictures, I hear someone walking into the kitchen with a big yawn. I look over to see Hiccup walk into the room as he scratches the back of his head. Smiling, I walk over to him and kiss his check. "Good morning sleepy head."

He looks to me and smiles. "Good morning M'lady."

I smile and kiss him softly. He kisses back and smiles.

"Well good morning son of mine."

We both pull away and look over to Hiccup's mother. She stares at us with a smile on her face as we both blush.