One Major Step Forward

Astrid's P.O.V.

The next day, Hiccup and I walk into the office ready to continue our research on the case. I would've kept going last night but Hiccup was very persistent that we go home and rest. I understand he cares about me and my health, but I needed to continue working. I need to find the person who has been sending me these emails and not only do I need to punch them in the face, I also need to stick them behind bars. And obviously I cannot do that while I sit at home and do nothing. I love you Hiccup, but I need to get rid of this person.

The moment the two of us walk out of the elevator and onto our floor, we see Abby standing right in front of us. "There you guys are! I've been waiting for you!"

"Uh, hey Abs. Sorry the delay. Do you have something?" Hiccup asks as he looks to her.

She grins and nods. "Oh yes, I do! Now, come along!"

She grabs both of our arms and drags us back into the elevator. Hiccup and I look to each other a bit confused before brushing it off. Abby is very interesting character and thus you must let her do her thing when you don't understand it. Especially if she starts to drag you along. Her mind works in a different way then the rest of us do, which is a good thing most of the time. She's quick to finding answers and enjoys the hunt for clues.

"Abby, are you going to tell us what you found or do we have to wait?" I ask as the elevator proceeds down to her lab.

"Well, it will be easier for me to show and explain than just explain." She smiles as the elevator comes to a stop. "Ha! Here we are!"

As soon as the doors open, the three of us step out of the elevator and walk across the hall to her lab. There, she goes straight to her computer and pulls up a couple images and a list of names. I head over to the main screen as Hiccup walks over to look past Abby's shoulder.

"Alright," Abby starts, "so I cross checked every single name on the employee list with the one on the guest list as well as the schedule, then I double checked to see if the two names you gave me were on that list."

"And?" Hiccup looks to her.

She looks back with a sly grin.  "One of the names was on two of the lists, and the other one, wasn't on any of them."

I look back to her surprised. "What? Which one?"

"Aaron Smith. I didn't see his name on any of the lists you gave me. I even looked him up, and I found absolutely no record of an Aaron Smith in Berk or the surrounding cities." She explains.

"So this means Aaron Smith doesn't exist. You even checked all the name changes?" Hiccup asks as Abby nods her head.

"Yes sir I did. I even called all the people who may have any documents about him. Not even the doctors office has any."

I sigh. "So then Aaron Smith is just an alias for whoever is watching us. They don't want us to know who he is!" I groan in frustration. "We need to figure out who this guy is!"

"Already ahead of you." Abby chimes in and clicks away on her keyboard. "I took the liberty of checking out the cameras surrounding the Cafe and the Technology Center. I did find our other name, Bradly Adamson, he does work at Berk Technologies and visits the cafe with his computer. He has the order for sandwiches and coffee."

She pulls up the video image of a man dressed in a Berk Technologies uniform ordering from the counter and then taking a seat. We watch as he pulls out his computer before receiving his sandwich and coffee.

"I was even able to figure out what he pulled his computer out for. It looks like he's been taking classes and doing homework when he's not at work." Abby looks to the two of us and pulls up his academic file.