Wedding Planning - Picking the Dress

Astrid's P.O.V.

"The bride is here!"

I am surrounded by my bridal party when I walk into the bridal shop. Rapunzel is the first one to reach me and wrap me up in a hug. The rest of the girls surround me seconds later, wrapping me up in a giant group hug. I can't help but smile as the girls take a step back and give me giant smiles.

"Yes! You're finally here!" Abby squeals, "Now we can get this party started!"

"Are you ready to try on some dresses?" Asks Elsa.

I chuckle and give them a nod. "Yes, I am. I am very excited."

"Good, because we pulled out a couple of dresses we think you would like," Rapunzel says, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards a giant rack filled with different dresses. At first glance, it looks as if the rack is filled with hundreds of dresses. Thankfully though, I only end up seeing roughly ten hangers.

"How many dresses did you girls choose?" I ask, stepping closer to the collection of dresses in front of me.

"Let's see, I believe there are 8 on this rack, but that doesn't even include the number of dresses we keep seeing," Rapunzel giggles, "Oh! There are so many dresses we think you should try on!"

Chuckling, I look at the dresses on the rack. "Alright, well, let's start with these, and then we can pick some out together. How about that?" I respond, turning my attention to the group of girls.

"How about you go pick out a few dresses that you want? We already did quite a bit of picking. This dress is yours, not ours," Hope says, walking forward and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. She guides me to the showroom, where all of the dresses hang. I look around at the collection and take a deep breath.

"So many dresses..., I don't even know where to start," I say, looking at everything.

"That's where I come in," a feminine voice says from behind. Turning around, I am greeted by a young woman, probably somewhere in her early 30s. She gives me a warm smile, her brown eyes smiling as well. "My name is Lily, and you must be the bride!" She says holding out her hand for me to shake.

Taking her hand, I give it a shake as I answer her question, "Yes, I'm Astrid."

"Well, it's wonderful to meet you, Astrid. I'll be helping you today find the perfect dress for your special day," she says, "Now, why don't you tell me a bit about your fiance and the wedding."

Smiling, I go on to tell her about the wedding. I avoid mentioning where the wedding will be held because we haven't figured that out yet. Even though we don't know where the wedding will be held, I do know that I want a simple gown. I don't want too many jewels and I don't want anything that hugs my body. It's not that I had my body, I just don't like dresses that keep me from moving around. I do mention that our wedding will be simple, but that's as much as I can give to her about the wedding. When it comes to telling her about Hiccup though, there is much more to tell. But I leave it to the basics: how we met when we met, and how long we've been together. I may have thrown in a little bit about how amazing he is.

When I'm all done, she gives me a soft smile and clasps her hands. "Your fiance sounds like a wonderful man. Now, what kind of dress would you like? Have you been dress shopping before?"

"No, I have not," I reply, shaking my head. "I'm not entirely sure what kind of dress I want. I just know I don't want it to be form-fitting. And probably not covered in jewels."

"Alright, noted," she responds, "Now, how about we look around to see what we can find?"

Nodding, the girls and I follow Lily into the showroom and start looking at some more dresses. Rapunzel immediately pulls Abby and Elsa with her as she races towards a collection of puffy dresses against the back wall. I can't help but giggle at their excitement. If I didn't know any better, they were more excited about my wedding than I am.