Berk Technologies

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I pull into the parking lot of Berk Technologies and pull into an empty space. Astrid and I both look at the giant warehouse before us, which stands about five stories tall. A big sign stands above the door with the name Berk Technologies in bold print. The building itself looks like it was originally built 70 years ago and then renovated to add more character.

Astrid and I both step out of the car and glance around to see the guest parking lot quite empty. Though the parking lot across street is full of vehicles, each a different shape and size. The two of us walk toward the front door, making mental notes of the outside. Cameras cover the outside, keeping eyes on who comes and goes, whether they be by car or by foot.

We both walk through the front door and head toward the front desk. The lobby is filled with chairs for guests to sit and wait. There's even a collection of magazines on different coffee and side tables for visitors to read while they wait. Speaking about coffee, they also have a coffee station next to the wall for anyone who may want bad coffee.

"Welcome back Hiccup!" I look to the clerk behind the desk smiling as I walk forward.

"Hello Silvia. How are you today?" I ask the grey haired lady before me.

"Oh I'm wonderful! How about you?" She asks cheerfully.

I smile. "I'm good. Thank you for asking."

"Oh of course, of course! Now who is this wonderful lady?" Her gaze shifts from me to Astrid, who stands next to me.

I smile and wrap an arm around her. "This is Astrid. She is my partner for work, as well as my girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend? Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy to know you found someone!" She looks to Astrid with a big smile on her face. "Why hello dear!"

Astrid blushes slightly and smiles. "Hello."

I smile to the two of them before looking over to Silvia. "Hey Silvia, can we speak with the boss, Dagur?" I ask.

"Well of course you can! Let me give him a call to let him know your here! Oh he'll love to see you!" She smiles as she picks up the phone and brings it to her ear. She presses a couple of buttons and lets the phone ring. "I sure hope your father has recovered nicely. It would've been a big travesty for the entire town if he lost him. He is such an excellent mayor! Oh and I also hope your mother and your sister are doing well! I haven't seen them in such a long time! You'll have to tell me how--- Oh! Hello Dagur, there are some visitors for you down here in the lobby...... Why it's Hiccup and his girlfriend Astrid. Oh she's beautiful! Now should you have me send them up to you?..... Yes? Alright, I'll send them right up! Thanks so much Dagur!"

The two of us watch as she sets the phone down and look up to us. "You're free to go upstairs. His office is upstairs! Oh wait! You already know!"

"Yes I do Silvia, thank you. We'll see you later." I smile to her and walk to the elevator with Astrid.

Once the doors open, Astrid and I both get in and I press the proper floor button. As the doors close, I look over to see Astrid looking at me with confusion.

"How did you know her? And how does she know you? I'm very curious." She asks, placing a hand on her hip.

I shrug. "When I was in college, I interned here for a summer. I almost worked here once I graduated but decided to switch to the police academy instead."

"Really? I didn't realize you were also into technology." Astrid said surprise.

I chuckle a bit. "I was into many things. Drawing as you know, is one of them. My father knows the owner of the company. Once he told them of my interest, they immediately offered me an internship here. I decided it would be a nice thing on my resume, plus, I got to see the inner workings of everything. But then I became very interested in police work, so I applied to the police academy and been there ever since. And now, I have this fantastic job that allows me to work side by side with my amazing girlfriend." I lean in close to Astrid and smile, watching as her cheeks redden.