Elphie

I've never felt more rage in my entire life.
How could Glinda do that, just offer up my sister like a slice of meat.
We're back at the manor, Glinda is sat in the corner of the room eyes closed tears streaming down her cheeks but I don't feel one bit of sympathy for her.
Box stormed out into the hallway, I can hear him pacing up and down, his footsteps gaining volume as time passes.
Fiyero is sat next to me, holding me tightly, the only thing stopping me from lashing out further at Glinda and Nessa is stood just outside in the garden, she's turned away from us, her hazel hair blowing gently in the warm breeze.
Boc went out to try and talk to her but she hasn't said a word since we got back.
I don't blame her.

"Elphaba please" I hear Glinda beg from the edge of the room "let me go and speak to her"
I break free of Fiyeros grip and stand up suddenly, I point fiercely at Glinda.
"You are going nowhere near my sister," I bark, rage is such a horrible feeling.
It's worse than being sad, when your sad you feel nothing but when your angry you hate everything and everyone.
"Elphie I was angry, it had nothing to do with Nessa, surely you can understand that"
Glinda says, standing up to meet my glare.
Her face like a deer about to be hunted.
"No Glinda I can't," I shout, "and it's not just Nessa that you hurt, you strung Boc about, you made a fool out of him"
Glinda looks terribly frightened but I couldn't care less.
"You made him think that by staying by Nessas side you would eventually fall for him, how did you think that was okay?"
Glindas face goes a deep scarlet, she covers her eyes with her hands and rushes out of the room, crying hysterically.

Fiyero stands up and walks over to me, He wraps a hand around my waist and pulls me in close.
"Elphaba, shouting at her isn't going to change the past," he says,
I replay his words throughout my head.
"I know I just..." I mumble, I'm stopped in my tracks as Nessa walks in through the back door.
I prise myself off of Fiyero and walk over to her.
"I have to tell you something" she says solemnly,
I nod slowly and take a step back, Nessa pushes a few unruly hairs behind her ears.
"Madame Morrible said that there was a second spell book somewhere here and that I'd want one of the spells in it"
So many things to take in.
Another book?
"Did she says what the spell was?"
Nessa shakes her head and walks past me and sits on the sofa.
"I'm not mad" she whispers "I just shows that you still scared, even though I was so horrible to you"
Nessa stands up again, the shifts from foot to foot awkwardly.
"You look tired nesss, you should sit back down" I suggest.
Nessa shakes her head,
"I'm going to find Glinda, we will go together and look for the spell book" Nessa says walking towards the hallway
"Elphie, don't hate her, we didn't come here to start any fights."
Nessa leaves the room.
I hear Glinda talking rather loudly but I can't make up what she's saying.
I don't want Nessa to talk with her, I don't know how she doesn't have any bad feeling at all.
I do.

"Elphaba" Fiyero says stirring me from my thoughts "do you think we should get started on finding the book?"
I think for a moment.
Madame Morrible said that Nessa would want one of the spells inside, so on one hand I want to find it.
On the other hand, Madame Morrible is not trustworthy at all.
"We have all the time in the world" I say feigning joy in my voice "Nessa can start now, I'm going to wait for a bit"
Fiyero nods and strides confidently towards me, he pulls me in close and plants a kiss on my forehead.
I would return the favour but I'm not in the mood.
"Fiyero, what spell could Nessa possibly want?" I ask a sudden fear building up in my voice.
Fiyero scratches his head, a few pieces of straw fall out onto the carpet.
"No idea" he says looking around the room "whatever it is though it must be important or Madame Morrible wouldn't have bothered"
He's right, but I can't help feeling concerned at what it could be.
"If we split up we will probably find it faster" I suggest shakily, Fiyero nods and begins to peer behind pieces of furniture.
I chuckle to myself and walk out into the hallway.

Coming from  room that Nessa has been sleeping in I can hear her and Glinda still talking.
I make my way up the stairs and come across Boc at the end of the hallway.
"Elphaba I've been such a fool, thinking that Glinda would every want me" he says miserably,
I put a hand on his shoulder, the metal is cold to the touch, a shiver shoots down my spine.
"I'm sure you will find someone" I say reassuringly "until then can you help me find something"
Boc smiles and glances up at me,
"What is it?"
I look at him nervously, worrying that he may not want another encounter with a spell book.
"It's another book, it's hidden in this house and I need to find it"
Boc looks uneasy but nods either way,
"I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to look for it" he says relatively cheerily.
He begins to scour the hallway.
I make my way into fathers bedroom and begin the search.
I look through draws and cabinets.
There's no spell book, there's hardly anything at all.
Accept from a few scraps of paper in fathers unmistakable handwriting.

"Unfortunate circumstances"
"Life changing defects"
"Consistently unhappy"
"My greatest treasure"

They're talking about Nessa.