Elphie

Everything's a mess, I just can't seem to think straight and now Fiyeros made me even more confused.
"Elphaba don't leave me without an answer,"
I look around awkwardly, trying to avoid his eyes, I feel stupid.
"Fiyero of course I'll marry you!" I gush.
Fiyero makes a grand arm gesture towards the adjacent door, there's loud cheering from inside.
"But I don't know if I can," I mutter "not whilst Nessa is like this."
Fiyero cups my head in his hands, his bright eyes beaming at me.
"Elphaba Thropp, the way things happen around here we can't miss any moments, not a single second," his words are true, we can't miss anything.
And if Nessa doesn't make it then at least this wedding will be something positive before she goes.
"We shall get married next week," I say with confidence, "that gives us time to plan."
And Nessa time to get better.

"Ohh this is so exciting!" Glinda says, tapping her feet against the floor and shaking her hands around.
"I'm so happy for you," Nessa mumbles, she looks half asleep.
We're in one of the spare rooms, for a reason that I don't remember, there's a small sofa in here.
Me and Glinda are sat on that and Nessa is in bed.
"I'll make you the perfect dress and we can have the wedding in your garden and there can be lots of beautiful flowers and..." Glinda takes a huge breath, this wedding planning really has gotten her very over exited.
I place my hands on Glindas lap, she's smiling so widely.
"Glinda id love for you to make my dress, and I'd love for you to be my bridesmaid," I turn to my sister "and you too ness, if your feeling up to it."
Nessa nods her head feebly though I know she means well.
"I'd love to," she mumbles.

We all sit in silence for a while until Glinda exclaimed that she was going to.
"Grab a fashion magazine for some inspiration,"
Now it's just me and Nessa.
I shuffle along the floor and sit beside the bed,
"Elphaba I really am happy for you," she says, coughing slightly.
I rest my hand, gently on her shoulder.
"I know Nessa, It's alright," I stare into my lap, then an amusing thought springs into mind "perhaps Madame Morrible would like to do a speech," I say sarcastically.
Nessa rolls her eyes,
"That nastily old lady." She mutters angrily.

"I can here you talking about me," a horrible muffled voice calls from one of the draws.
I reach into it and pull out the mirror, Madame Morribles smug face grimaces at me.
All of a sudden Nessa snatches the mirror from my hands.
"Ah, Miss Nessarose, feeling alright?" Moira croaks, "you've trapped me in here just like you did your subjects, your worse than your sister."
Nessa shakes her head frantically, tears pricking her eyes.
"Shake your head all you want, you know it's true, you haven't changed a bit, you've got what you've always wanted," Madame Morrible continues nastily "sympathy, your nothing but a needy, pathetic little."
Nessa suddenly jerks forward, she slams the mirror down onto the table, the glass cracks.
There's a scream from inside the mirror then from Nessa.
She turns the mirror around, Madame Morrible is nowhere to been seen, in fact the glass shows no reflection either, instead the glass is a shiny, oily black.
Nessa screams again.
"It's bleeding," she cries "the mirrors bleeding."
I watch in horror as thick, red blood drips from between the cracks in the glass.
"I...I didn't mean to," Nessa shrieks.
I grab the mirror from her hands and throw it back into the draw.
Nessas shaking violently, her face is ghostly pale, she lied her head down and breaths heavily.
"I'm a murderer," the last word catches in her throat and she seems to choke on it before saying it.
"Elphie this was meant to be your day and I..." Nessa lips tremble as her eyes pour with tears.
I lean forward and hug her tightly,
"No, it's okay, that old hag got what was coming to her."

After a while Nessa falls asleep, now I have a slightly less important problem at hand.
What type of dress should I wear.
I've never been the dressy up kind of person, perhaps I would have been if I hadn't have been born green, that kind of stopped me having any chance of being beautiful.
Nessas always been beautiful, I'd love to have a bouquet of roses just for her, perhaps I could wear white and Glinda and Nessa wear pink.
Seems kind of boring but I think it will be splendid.
Never in a million years did I ever imagine to be a bride, if you had told my younger self that this would be my future she would not have believed it.
Nessa stirs in her sleep, I stroke her hair gently.
She feels so warm, I remember Boc saying how cold she felt when he put her back to bed yesterday.
I didn't really know what to make of it, I don't know what to make of this.
I want to be positive, she barely spoke when we first got back from shiz, so I guess this is an improvement.

Harley went home, I know it upset Nessa but I knew that she wouldn't be able to stay for long, people don't treat you kindly when they see you leaving this house.
I think after the wedding Nessa might go back to Shiz, I know how much she misses having that job, she misses having structure to her life.
I don't blame her, I like routine, I like knowing that everything is going to be okay.
This wedding has really broken the flow of things but I couldn't say no, I truly love Fiyero with all of my heart.
Perhaps this is for the best and everything will turn around soon.
I have to keep saying that it's all going to be okay.
Nessa will get better.
The wedding will go fine and we will all live happily ever after just like a story book.