Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Finally, we arrived back and the first place we went, was the hospital to see Noah’s mom.

We went up to the nurse at the desk, and asked for Isabella Andrews.

“Room 302 , just down the hall,” she said.

We nodded and I followed Noah. We found room 302 in no time.

I looked at Noah. “I’ll stay out here since you and your mom need to be together”.

He shook his head.

“You’re coming in with me,” with that he took a hold of my hand and took me with him inside.

Ignoring the tingling feeling in my hand I looked to a pale woman that looked like Noah resting on the hospital bed.

She looked so weak, and fragile. And it didn’t look like she’ll survive.

My heart broke.

Noah would break and he’s already lost a father.

“Mom, “ whispered Noah.

We went over to the side of her bed, and I noticed tears falling from Noah’s eyes. 

“Noah, look at me,” I whispered.

He sniffed, and looked at me.

His face was stained with tears. I wiped them away with my hand and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Be strong,” I said, giving him a small smile.

He hugged me and we looked towards his mom who was smiling weakly at both of us.

“Noah, honey, don’t be such a baby and cry,” Noah’s mom joked, he voice coming out as a whisper.

Noah let out a small chuckle.

“How you doing?” he asked.

His mom sighed lightly and gave him a weak smile.

“Well, I’m okay, but my times up Noah”.

Noah shook his head.

“Don’t say that!” he cried.

“Hon, it’s life. It goes on. You lose and you gain.  Right now, you’re losing and gaining,” she said , and looked at me.

“We haven’t met, I’m Noah’s my Isabella. What an introduction and goodbye eh?” she laughed weakly.

I gave her sad smile.

“Taylor Jules. Life sucks, doesn’t it?” I told her.

She nodded.

“You’re a smart one. I’m happy that you’re with Noah right now,” she complimented.

I light blush took over my face.

“You his girlfriend or friend?” she asked.

“Friend,” I smiled.

“Well good, cause Noah needs a good woman in his life,” she smiled.

“Mom,” whined Noah.

“Oh hush son. Don’t let this girl go, she’ll do you good anyways,” she smiled at her son.

He smiled.

The door to the room opened and in came the doctor with a sad look on his face.

“I’m sorry to say but you don’t have much time to live,” he frowned.