Chapter Twenty Three

            Pain. That’s what I was feeling. Pain all over my body and especially my stomach. But the worst one was the pain in my heart. A deep hole where it used to be whole.

Just when you think that you found happiness, it gets snatched away from you. It gets take away from you. It cuts you deeply.

It hurts.

More than anything else in the world.

I gasped in pain when I felt a strong force hit my stomach, my eyes opening up in shock.

Looking up, I see the smirking face of Jacob.

And right beside him, Noah with a blank expression.

Another force hits my stomach, but I’m still staring at Noah.

Showing him how much it hurts, how much it hurt that he betrayed me.

“Noah, get rid of this piece of shit and give me the address of her biological parents,” sneered Jacob.

Breaking eye contact from me, Noah turns towards Jacob with an angry expression.

“No,” he says angrily, his eyes flashing dangerously.

I gasp, in pain and from shock. I was utterly confused by this point.

Whose side was Noah really on?

“Did you just say no?” glared Jacob, his hands clutching his gun tighter.

“Yes, I did, you bastard,” Noah spat out.

Before realizing what was happening, Jacob’s men pounced on Noah. There was about five of them attacking Noah. And at least each of them had some sort of weapon.

Jacob was standing there with satisfied smirk on his face.

Looking around for some sort of weapon to help Noah, despite the confusion, I couldn’t let them hurt him.

All because I loved that idiot.   

And then I spotted it, a gun; the one that Noah was holding when he shot me. I winced at the memory of him doing such thing.

Silently, I dragged my body towards the dangerous weapon. When I reached my destination, I instantly grabbed it and stood up, ignoring the searing pain in my stomach. I aimed the gun towards the sick bastard who toyed with my feelings, who broke my love, who broke my heart, and who broke me into tiny pieces.

“Hey Jacob, look over here!” I yelled, and smirked as he did.

And his eyes widened in shock when I pulled the trigger, the sound echoing throughout the room despite the grunts of Noah, and the five other men.

I looked over at Noah, and the other men and saw Noah struggling a bit with the men. His face was bruised up a bit and looked like he was about to pass out any moment with the little energy he had left.

As I took a step towards them, I heard Noah yell.

“Taylor! Watch out!”

“This isn’t the end till you’re dead Taylor!” laughed a voice, crazily.

My breath got caught and I looked to my left, only to see Jacob smiling, sadistically with a gun in his hand.

And before I could react, he pulled the trigger and the bullet lodge itself in my already wounded stomach, causing me to scream.

“Taylor!” shouted Noah, “Taylor! Get off of me you asshole!”

Another shot echoed through the room and this time, the bullet hit below my chest causing me to scream in pain again.