Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

   As soon as that word came out of my mouth, I couldn’t stop them. She looked exactly like the picture I saw in the file, but older. She still had white blonde hair, but was now curled and light blue eyes. I looked beside her, my biological father still had light brown hair and brown eyes.

“Taylor?” my biological mother said, hesitantly.

I nodded and gave her a shy smile.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, her voice cracking a bit near the end.

I blinked in shock.

Do they not want me here?

I’m so stupid. I shouldn’t be here.

When they gave me up they obviously didn’t want to ever see me.

Blinking back my tears, I turned around and started running back to the car.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I didn’t realize that I was crying until Noah’s comforting arms wrapped around my body. I turned my body around so I could cry into his chest.

“Shh,Taylor” cooed Noah.

“Noah, I’m so dumb. They obviously didn’t want to see me. I’m sorry I dragged you all the way to New York,” I cried, mumbling in his chest.

I heard Noah chuckle, and I looked up at him and glared.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You ,silly girl,” he answered, flicking my nose.

“How?” I glared at him, wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

“Because just as you left crying, you’re real mom and dad wanted you to come in. They were shocked,” he explained.

I gave out a nervous chuckled and smiled.

“I obviously, stupidly overreacted,” I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Yes, you did,” he smiled.

He held out his hand for me, and I took it happily and lead him back to the doorstep where my biological parents were waiting with smiles on their faces.

“Oh, Taylor! I didn’t mean to offend you honey! Come in,” my Mom said.

I nodded and stepped in the house.

My real Dad closed the door, while I followed my Mom into what seemed like the living room.

Noah and I sat down on the love seat, while my biological parents sat in the single seats in front of us.

“You want an explanation right?” real Dad asked.

I nodded.

He took a deep breath and looked at real Mom. She nodded at him, and they both looked at me.

“Well, your mother and I’s real name is David and Amber Valentine. Before we began dating we were childhood enemies. Our parents were best friends so we had to be put together in everything. We basically hated each other,” David chuckled.

I gave him a small smile and he continued.

“When we were fifteen, we kind of got drunk and one thing led to another and then you were conceived,” he said.