Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The next day, we were packed and in Noah’s car. I didn’t feel like dressing up, so I just wore a pair of grey sweats that had a peace written on the side and a grey off the shoulder sweater. My shoes were just a pair of black UGGs that I got and the ends of my pants were messily tucked in. I had some bracelets on, on each hand and the necklace that I had gotten from the hospital and on my head was my beanie hat.

My backpack was on the car floor by my feet, it consisted of the things I would need, like food, iPod, and cell phone and a few other things too.

“You got your passport and stuff too right? So when we cross the border we can just show the border officers?” asked Noah, glancing at me as he pulled out of the driveway.

“Yup,” I said popping the ‘p’.

“Kay, then we’re good. Want to stop my Tim Hortons so we can some breakfast? I don’t know about you but I’m starving,” he offered, flashing a smile my way.

I chuckled.

“Yeah, sure”.

We drove to a Tim Hortons and we went to the drive thru.  He got himself a large double double coffee with two chocolate glazed donuts. For myself, he got me what I wanted – hot chocolate and a cinnamon bun.

“So, to past the time let’s play twenty questions,” he offered.

I shrugged.

“Sure,” I agreed.

“Alright, favourite colour?” he asked.

“Purple. You?”

“Blue. Favourite food?”

“Nachos”.

“Same. How many boyfriends have you had?”

“One,” I mumbled, looking out the window.

And that one boyfriend broke all trust I had when it came to love.

I sighed and looked at Noah.

“How many girlfriends have you had?” I asked.

He looked at me briefly, his light green eyes searching my blue ones and then he looked back at the windshield window.

“None. I only do one night stands,” he answered, honestly.

I rolled my eyes.

“You would,” I muttered.

He flashed me a grin.

“What you think I’m not boyfriend material?” he asked.

I chuckled. And shook my head.

“Considering you have never had a girlfriend before than well how would I know? Plus, you sleep with a girl and then leave,” I pointed out.

He shrugged.

“Would you think I’d be a good boyfriend to you?” he asked, smiling.

My eyes briefly widened but I got my expression back to normal. He could make a decent boyfriend for me since he is the only one who is with me. Also, he is here taking me to New York and he stayed with me the other night crying my eyes out, comforting me.

“Yeah, I guess so,” I answered honestly.

He had a smug look on his face but it turned to a real smile.

“Good,” he said.

I rolled my eyes but chuckled.

I took a sip from my hot chocolate.