Chapter 9: Locks

-Still with the Funtimes and originals-

        After about a minute of the Funtimes watching the Originals watch the empty doorway with confusion passed, Bon-Bon finally spoke up. 

"Who's Springtrap?" Everyone's attention shifted to the tiny rabbit. "Oh, Springtrap is uh... So you know Spring Bonnie from Fredbear's Family Diner, right?" Bonnie asked scratching the back of his head. The Funtimes except for Circus Baby shook their head. "What about him?" She asked. "Well he didn't exactly age well over the years so we call him Springtrap now..." Freddy answered. 

Circus Baby looked confused. "What about Fredbear?" All the originals looked down at Goldie. "What are you looking at? Wait... You think me and him are the same guy, don't you? Just because I'm an unused springlock suit doesn't immediately make me Fredbear. And thank god for that..." Goldie grumbled. "Springlock suit?" Baby asked. 

"Which one of you was Springtrap? I don't know who this 'Spring Bonnie' guy is." Ft! Foxy asked. "The green kind of repulsing version of me dragging Goldie around." Bonnie answered gesturing to Goldie as he said the bear's name. "T-that's a r-rude way of d-d-describing someone." Ft! Freddy stated. Bonnie shrugged.

Circus Baby ignored the rest of the others conversation thinking over the new information. 'Springlock suit... Wait wasn't there two?' Circus Baby spoke up cutting off Bon-Bon. "Is Springtrap a springlock suit? Is that why you call him that?" "Aye, lassie." Foxy answered. Everyone eyed her curiously. 

Baby, noticing the new attention on her, spoke up. "I'm just curious. So where did he go?" The originals stared at her. "Haven't they been staring at the door for the past minute wondering where this guy went?" Ft! Foxy asked. "That's what got me to start this conversation." Bon-Bon said. Circus Baby face palmed. Everyone started laughing. 

-Somewhere beyond the door-

Springtrap, who was just currently creeping his way up to the dimly lit stage across the room from him, jumped up startled by the loud robotic laughter echoing from the room behind him. 'What are those kids doing...? Holy springs...' He thought shaking his head and continuing onward. 

'Wait... Did I just say 'holy springs'? I am losing it... Even if it's just my thoughts. I mean it makes sense those kids have been really annoying lately, but still. I think that-' A soft tune started playing directly behind him, making him freeze in his thoughts. 

'C'mon, Springtrap. You're one of the scariest animatronics that the night guards have to deal with at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Just turn around and confront whatever that is.' He tried to calm himself. Slowly but surely he turned around only to be faced with darkness. 

The tune played was almost identical to the one from the Ballora show tape he had watched a few days ago with the others. As he listened to it, preparing himself for a jumpscare or something (like Freddy liked to do with the night guard or when Foxy pissed him off enough), a soft deep female voice started to sing a lullaby with the music box instead. 

"Why do you hide inside your walls... When there's music in my halls... All I see is an empty room... no more joy, an empty tomb... Ohhhh~It's so good to sing all day... To dance, to spin, to fly away..." 

Springtrap stood entranced in the woman's voice. Without warning, he felt a cold metal hand rest on his rotted left cheek. Ballora's face soon appeared almost inches from his own. He studied every inch of her face down to the detail of her little silver crown on her forehead.

Almost instinctively, Springtrap started to move his own face forward. But before he could connect, Ballora moved away placing her hand above her head forming a pirouette.