Chapter 8: Deep Below Ground

-After the elevator landed at the bottom of the shaft-

Everyone looked at the door leading to who-knows-where half nervous, half excited. 

Springtrap pushed the red button he assumed would open the door. "What the- Why is there a vent?" Bonnie asked kneeling down in front of it. Foxy eyed the police tape above the vent curiously. "I guess that's where we need to go." Chica said trying to see into the dark vent. Bonnie started crawling through it, with Chica close behind.

Foxy and Freddy followed behind leaving Springtrap and Goldie. "Hold onto my foot." Springtrap instructed Goldie. He then started to crawl in behind the others. Goldie was then dragged limply behind Springtrap in the vent. 'Seriously this is starting to get annoying...' Goldie thought as his hat came off. 'Crap!' He managed to grab it with his other hand. 

After a minute, they all emerged in some sort of control room. "Weird." Goldie commented. "Ooo! I wonder what this mask thing is for?" Chica pointed out a human-like mask hanging on the wall above a fan. Foxy looked through the window to the right of the vent they came from. "I wonder what be in there." The glass showed nothing but a dark supposedly empty room. 

Springtrap place his hand on the window to the left. 'Why do I feel like something important is in there...?' He wondered. "I wonder what this button does." Freddy said pointing to the blue button on top of the control panel to the right. "I wouldn't press it if I were-" The room to the right filled with light as Freddy pressed the button before Bonnie could finish. Bonnie glared at him. 

Foxy walked closer to the window to get a better view before the lights went out again. In the corner of his uncovered eye he caught a glimpse of a familiar animatronic watching him from the darkest corner of the room. "Did you see something Foxy?" Bonnie asked trying to see into the once again dark room. "Nothing, lad..." 

"There's another button over here, kids." Springtrap said gesturing towards the button on the left side of the room. "I guess all the buttons do are turn the lights on so let's see what's in that room." Freddy said. Everyone except for Foxy shifted their attention to the window on the left side. Springtrap pressed the button illuminating the left room in light. 

The only thing they saw was a tiny ballerina thing twirling on the stage before the lights went out again. "That was so cute!! I wonder if there is a way to get into these rooms!" Chica exclaimed searching the room for an entrance. 'I guess it was nothing.' Springtrap thought. 

A small vent door at the front of the small room opened without warning. "What the-" "Let's go!!" Chica cut Bonnie off already crawling into it. "We don't even know where this leads!" Bonnie voice echoed from somewhere in the vent. The others stared at the vent. "Welp that was fast, I guess we should follow them." Freddy said going in after them. Foxy took one last look at the dark window to the right then followed them. "Here we go again." Goldie sighed as he grabbed onto Springtrap's foot once again. 

"Motion trigger: Circus Gallery vent." A voice said from somewhere. A few startled noises came from the other animatronics in front of Springtrap and Goldie. "We be heading' to Circus Gallery Fred!" Foxy said. "Shut up!" Freddy's voice echoed. Goldie started chuckling. 

Once they had all made it into the next room, they were all pushing against each other. "Why is this so- Ow, Freddy! -Cramped?!" Bonnie asked trying not to crowd Chica. "Maybe because we are all animatronics? Not small ones that's for sure." Springtrap said shoving Goldie into the room. "I'm just gonna stay in here." He said climbing back into the vent. 

"That lassie said we been headin' towards Circus Gallery, so what be this?" Foxy asked trying to peer out another window spreading across the whole room. "Another control room thing? There is another panel over here." Freddy suggested. "Where? I don't see it." Bonnie asked straining to see what Freddy was talking about. "Uh... Somewhere. I'll just press the button." Freddy said reaching down to press it.