*Chapter 33* - The Dark One

* Emily P.O.V *

Clarina sat beside my bed and talked to me when I was awaken. I knew it probably was Lucas who had asked her to be with me. But I couldn’t be angry about his protectiveness, I just felt loved by knowing that he couldn’t bear to leave me without being sure that there was someone who kept an eye on me. My thoughts were interrupted when the door to my room slowly went up, and Sofia stuck her head in. She smiled gently when she saw that I was awake. But soon after, her face turned serious, and she looked at Clarina.

"Clarina, I know that you probably have promised to keep an eye on Emily while Lucas is gone, but there are problems down in the common room, and since you are the highest-ranked here, I thought that you might be able to get them stopped? I'll stay with Emily while you’re gone."

She said, smiling. Clarina look worried back and forth between us, as if she was not sure to leave me in Sofia custody. But when we heard a ruckus coming from below, she looks at me.

"Is it okay with you? I'll be back as soon as I can."

Of course I nodded, and Clarina was quickly out the door. I smiled at Sofia, who went and closed the door after Clarina and sent me a wry smile back, but something felt wrong, so gently, I sat up in bed with my back at the headboard, I was still weak after I almost died during fight, so just the small movement made me feel a little exhausted. But anyway, I was too polite to ask to be alone, so again I smiled to her and asked.

"Sofia, everything is as it should be?"

I saw how she let her gaze run down over me in an investigative way before she again looked up at me with a sickly sweet smile. Okay I have no idea what is with me, since I feel that she behaves differently than usual, I thoughts get disconnected when Sofia softly says.

"I'm surprised to see up, I mean you actual lost your life, how is it possible that you survived? I mean your wolf is no longer with you, you are just a normal human being without the strength that our wolf gives us, so how is it possible that you can survive two attempted murder?"

She asks a little too whining, I look questioningly at her and feel the insecurity cross me.

"What's going on Sofia?"

She looked angrily at me before she exclaimed.

"How can an unimportant person like you be mate to an Alpha when I was mated to a nobody, a wolf with no higher rank? It should be me who was Luna of this pack, I would be 1000 times better than you, and yet the moon goddess made the mistake to make me an irrelevant part of the pack, while you have been chosen to be the head of the same pack, it is a joke."

The last came out as a whining cry, and I couldn’t help but stare surprised at my friend whom I had known most of my life, it wasn’t because we had ever been best friends but we had been able to talk and socialize from time to time, and this side of her I had never seen before. I open my mouth to say something, but am interrupted when Sofia with an angry scream grabs me around my neck and squeezes while she sharpens.

"I can’t believe I have to do the dirty work myself. Even after I twice sent roughes after you, you’re still alive. But as the saying goes, if you want something done properly you have to do it yourself."

She smiles mischievously before she continues.

"I will have so much fun killing you, you should have accepted death the previous times, then it would have been less painful for you, because I really going to enjoy doing this."

I can see the madness burning in her eyes, and get in a hoarse whisper asked.

"Why?"

I'm really surprised, I had never considered that Sofia could do something like this. Sofia put her head to the side and smiled mildly to me before she with the hand that don’t had me in a stranglehold, she gently pushed my hair away from my eyes.