*Chapter 9* - Why won't you accept me?

*Emil’s P.O.V.*

"This is impossible, there are thousands of trees in this forest, what’s the chances that we look at the tree they were in. They will apparently they don’ want to be found, or we would already have found them. I thought, or rather hoped that since Malina would be out here alone, it would give me the opportunity to speak with her, and maybe convince her that she would be happy with me."

Sebastian's voice disappeared slowly as he began to move away. And after one last searching look up at the trees, Lucas followed him. Malina looked at me.

"We should be getting away from here, they have figured out that we do not move on the ground, so it is a good idea to continue to travel by the trees?"

I stared down the road where Lucas had disappeared, before I looked back at Malina.

"No, you're right, since Lucas figured it out, our advantage is vanished. But we have to find a place where we can have our base during this Game."

Malina looked at me and nodded.

"You're right, it would be good to have a place where we can be in dry weather if it starts to rain, and we have to also sleep at some time, so we'd better find a place."

Slowly we began to move in the opposite direction of what our mates had done, and when we had climbed good 10 minutes, I got down from the tree, Malina looked questioningly at me, but I shrugged shoulders.

"I don’t know why, but I just feel that I should be here."

I Muttering, while I look around, and stiffens when I see a tall rock wall with flower growing up it, but something makes me go over there, and gently push the flowers to the side and smiles when I spot a cave behind it, I turn a big smile against Malina.

"It seems that we have found our base."

4 days later.

We had come to the place where we had agreed to meet Michael, and Malina nervously paced back and forth.

"Why isn’t he here yet? We agreed about noon, and Michael always comes on time, What if something happened to him ..."

She was interrupted by a laughing voice, and Michael stepped out from the trees.

"Calm down little sister, and here I thought that we should meet because I was nervous about you, but it’s seems it’s you who are the nervous one."

Malina came with a pleasing cried and threw herself into the arms of her brother, who grinned before he pulled me into the hug.

"Good to know that I have been missed. The reason I come a little late is that I ran into one, the way over here."

He said and turned with a big smile the head toward where he had come from, and slowly, a tall blonde girl appeared, she looked shyly at us. Michael grinned to the girl before he pulled away from us and went and pulled the girl to him.

"Little sis and Emily, this is Laura - My mate."

He smiled. It took a moment, and then Malina uttered a cry, and embraced both his brother oh his mate.

"Michael you have found your mate. I’m so happy for you, and it seems you have accepted each other?"

She said pleased, but with a questioning voice, and for the first time Laura said something.

"Yes we have accepted each other. And I'm really sorry that you were worried about your brother, but when we met, we only thought of each other, and it was only when he mentioned that you had arranged to meet that I realized we had to meet you here, just so you didn’t get nervous."

She said softly, and I already knew that she would get along with Malina, who now stood and laughed.

"Thank you Laura, you're right, I would have worried if he hadn’t come, especially since it was him who actually demanded that we should meet every fourth day."

Michael gave her a slightly annoyed look.

"I couldn’t know that I would find my mate just on the fourth day, and excuse me, but when I had to choose between my mate and my sister, you unfortunately pulled the short straw in whom I would spend my time with sis."

He laughed softly, and made ​​it clear that although he had found his mate and admired her Malina would never get free of her big brother's protective arms.

After we had a little chat with Michael and Laura, who really was a very sweet girl, we turned back home to the cave we had make our base. Just before we reached the cave Malina stopped and looked at me.

"Want to go for a run, I really need to let my wolf out for some time."

She says, but I smiled and shook my head.

"If you don’t mind it, I will skip today, but be free to take as long as you want, I'll make sure that dinner is ready when you come back."

Malina smiled gratefully before she switched to Lina her wolf, and disappeared into the woods. I looked smiling after her, but when she disappeared so did smile. Quickly I switched to my wolf Amy, and ran back to our cave. Seeing Michael so happy with his mate, had me thinking, maybe I should give Lucas a chance. Until now I had managed to escape him 3 times the last 4 days, and his behavior made ​​it clear that he didn’t intend to stop chasing me, and it was getting harder and hard to shake him off, he knew the forest better than I did, which was a reason why I always made ​​sure to calculate a getaway route when I moved around in the woods, I always found some hiding places that would camouflage my scent so that Lucas couldn’t find me. But I was well aware that I couldn’t keep being this lucky, probably...
My thoughts were interrupted when I was tackled and knocked to the ground, I cried out but when I looked up and saw my attacker I froze, Lucas looked down at me with a wry smile, before he softly murmured.

"I should have known that my little mate would find my secret lair, she was the only one who would be able to find it because it called her like it did me. No one else has ever found this place. But you little Emily, my mate, found it without any difficulty."

He said. I was petrified when I saw who it was that had caught me, I switched back to my human form, but now I began to fight back. But this only make Lucas grabbed me by the wrists and hold them above my head. As he touches my bare skin, I noticed how sparks flew through my body, and Lucas grinned.

"Now there certainly isn’t any doubt that I am right that you are my mate. Now I want to know why you constantly are running away from me? The guy you met in the ballroom isn’t for you, you’re mine, and you have to learn to tolerate me, because I don’t allow you to be with someone else other than me. And I if you just give me the opportunity I promise to do everything in my power to make you happy."

I stared up at him surprised by his pleading tone, but before I could say anything he continued, this time in a little angrier tone.

"If you think for just a moment that I will let you behave the way you have done for the past several months, let you pretend that I don’t exist, then you must think again, cause that is not going to happen. I have for the past month known you were my mate, and now I have the ultimate proof that you ARE my mate, and I will not let you ignore me anymore. So please little Emi, tell me what I have done that makes you not want to accept me as your mate."

I stopped fighting against him, and looked up at Lucas, who was still lying on top of me but know with his eyes closed. His sad face made ​​me think about why I just don’t accept him as my mate. He still kept a hold on my wrist, but somehow I had placed my right hand so that I could caress his hand with my fingertips, instantly I felt sparks flew between my fingers and his hand, which showed us that we had found our mate. I knew that Lucas also noticed it when I felt that he stiffened at my touch, his eyes flashed up, and looked from where my fingers touched him, and back up into my eyes. He let go of my wrist and after a short squeeze of my hand that was touching his, he put his hands on my face.

"Emi, I have to know why you want nothing to do with me. I will do everything in my power to get you to love me just as much as I already love you, but I need to know what I have done that makes you feel that you can feel what I feel for you."

He said with a pleading look. I'm sadly looked at him, he was right, he had to know what it was that made me hesitate to accept him. Gently I placed my hand on top of his, and looked at him.

"You are my brother's best friend, I ..."

I didn’t finish my sentence, since Lucas frowned and looked puzzled down on me.

"The fact that I’m your brother's friend shouldn’t mean anything. Matthew doesn’t mind that we are mates. So stop make a thing like I'm your brother's friend, to a problem just to have something that can keep me at a distance, if you seriously isn’t interested in being my mate, I hope that you have a better excuse than that."

I feel the anger rise in me, and I sharpened.

"If you had let me finish, you would know that it isn’t actual your friendship with Matthew that’s the problem. But that you've been friends with him for so long mean that I have had a front row seat, for when you and Matthew have been talking about your conquests. And I know much about you and how you have dealt with women that’s why I don’t know how much I can trust you, if it’s actually safe to give you my heart."

Once again Lucas stiffened on top of me before he looked down at me with an unhappy look.

"God Emi, I'm so sorry. I wish I could explain how I could be so self-centered and selfish that I didn’t thought of how you, my mate, would react to how I behaved. But I am ashamed to admit that I didn’t thought about that it could be a problem. If I could do it over, I would, but it isn’t possible. But I promise you that since I felt sparkling from your touch to Matthew’s party, I haven’t touched any other woman, the only thing I could think of was to find you, and make you a permanent part of my life. At least do me the favor to consider giving me a chance to make it up to you, I know I don’t deserve it after how I behaved, but I would really like to have you in my life, and make you the happiest and most satisfied woman in the world, please just give me a chance."

I was touched by the first he said, but then he said that he hadn’t touched other women for over 9 months, and I felt the anger rise in me. I therefore give him a scowl, and removed my hands from his.      

"That's what makes me not trust you, you hurt me, not just when you're with other women, but also when you aren’t honest with me. And I know with a 100% certainty that you just last month touched another woman. So tell me how I will ever be able to trust you when I know I can never be sure that you are honest with me."

Lucas threw his head back as if I had hit him, and wrinkles his brows.

"I didn’t lie to you, I have NOT been with a woman for over 9 months, I had neither the time nor inclination for anything other than to find you."

He said, and if I hadn’t seen him standing with his head buried in some woman's neck with my own eyes, I might be persuaded by his puzzled face, but now I didn’t buy his lie, and said with angry tears in my eyes.

"Drop it, at least be honest enough to admit it. I saw you Lucas, I saw you standing with your head buried in another woman's neck, so don’t play innocent, you can’t talk yourself out of this. That’s why I will never be able to accept you as my mate, I should be able to trust the man that I will be spending the rest of my life with, and I can’t trust you, you've just proven that."

I noticed how Lucas stiffened, and understood why I hadn’t actually rejected him, but almost.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Picture of Emily at the side 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*