*Chapter 6* - Waiting for The Game to begin

*Lucas P.O.V.* 

September 5

It’s tomorrow that The Mating Game begins. All unmated wolves in my pack looks forward to participating, it's a great opportunity to find your mate. Even I'm excited, of course I am, but I'm also nervous, I know that Emily is one of the participants, I have seen the list of all 214 participants, and the only name I was interested in finding was hers, therefore, I knew she would not be able to get out of it. But I knew is she had a chance, she wouldn’t hesitate to pull out of The Mating Game, this knowledge made ​​me sad, because I knew it was only to avoid me that she wouldn’t participate, and that knowledge make me almost break. I had tried several times to get in touch with Emily to talk to her and find out if my gut feeling was correct, that she actually was my mate. But no matter how much I tried, I haven’t managed to get close to her, there was always a reliable reason she was not in my presence. When I had come to dinner at her home, she had always other agreements that prevented her from being present. But now my despair would soon end, soon I could be near her, talk to her and touch her. 
My thoughts were interrupted when a hand laid on my shoulder, when I looked down I saw Madeline. She had been one of the women I went to when the pressure became too much, and I have to get some relives. But even though I haven’t  show any interest for her the last nine months, ever since the party I was to where I for the first time felt my mate, then Madeline haven’t got the picture, she still thought that I was interested in her, and she constantly tried to pull me into her yarn once again.

"Lucas, are you looking just as much forward for tomorrow as I do? It’s so exciting to participate in The Mating Game, and since you and I will get together, so I do not think we need to make it more difficult than it have to be, so tomorrow, when I get released in the forest, I will run to the right for 4 miles, and then I'll just wait for you to come and claim me."

She said with a smug expression. I frowned confused while I and stared down at her before I exclaimed.

"What? ... Madeline, you must surely be aware that it wouldn’t be you, I will look for!? We know we aren’t mates, so why would I want to claim you in The Mating Game?"

It wasn’t like I meant to hurt her, that wasn’t the person I were, I knew that I had always been a bit of a player, but I had always, as far as possible, tried to avoid hurting the girls I was with, I did make it clear from the beginning what I expected, and that they shouldn’t expect more than I was willing to give them. And when I broke the connection I always did it as gently as possible so I wouldn’t hurt them unnecessarily. But I had known for months that Madeline wouldn’t take no for an answer, she heard what she wanted to hear. Even now, when I expressed myself very clearly, she pressed her body against mine and looked at me with bedchamber eyes and muttered seductively.

"Of course you will find me in the beginning of The Mating Game, that way we can enjoy each other continuously for three weeks and do it in all possible and impossible ways. And just because we aren’t really mates doesn’t mean that you can’t claim me as yours, I'm born to be Luna, and you know I can satisfy you in the bed , which you already know."

I looked down at her, and was frankly felt bad about what she said, as if I would spend three weeks only to have sex with her. She wasn’t my mate, and since I had whereabouts of my mate, it make me nauseous just thinking about sex with another woman. And that Madeline actually thought that I even would consider making her my Luna, went beyond my comprehension, I was sure that I had never given her such hopes. I therefore said a little cold.

"Madeline, I aren’t going to have anything to do with you during The Mating Game, I participate because I want to find my mate, and I know that she will participate in The Game, I would never ever consider make other than my mate to my Luna, and I’m certainly not interested in having anything to do with you sexually."

I said angrily, Madeline angrily clenched her teeth and glared at me.

"Well it didn’t seem like you'd mind having something sexual to do with me, when you had your dick inside me, in any possible ways, and now do you act like it's the most disgusting thing you can imagine. And additionally you says up in my face that you don’t want to make me your Luna as if I was nothing more than a sex toy for you, as if you can find a better Luna than me, your potential mate will not be able to fulfill our pack just as well as I will."

This time it's me who scowls angrily.

"You were nothing but a sex toys for me and you weren’t the only one. For God's sake, I never made any secret that it was nothing more than sex, I am the Alpha and yes even though I sound like a selfish bastard who shit on people emotions, I have urges. I have never given you any reason to believe, that just because you spread your legs for me that you would be my Luna. As I have already mentioned, it’s my mate who going to be the Luna of my pack, and unlike what you think, I know she will be respected and appreciated in our pack, much more than you, the packs whore, would ever be. I’m sorry that I am so harsh, but you don’t got the picture when I'm friendly, so I have to make you understand that it will never be you that gets the title of my packs Luna, I will find my mate, and love and honor her for the rest of my life, and there is no room for a previous sex partner."

Madeline stared angrily at me before she with an angry scream ran out the door and almost run Matthew down, he quickly pulled back, and astonished looked after her before he slowly walked in and looked at me questioningly.

"What on earth was that about?"

I annoyed shrugs before I exclaim.

"Madeline had the crazy idea that I would be interested to claim her as the first thing in the morning during The Mating Game, and I had to get some sense of reality back into her head."

I say, and Matthew laughs.

"She's something else."

He says, still with laughter in his voice, I nod in unison. Matthew is now serious.

"But seriously, are you looking forward for tomorrow? It's kind of exciting that The Mating Game, starts again. And you have the chance to find your mate."

He smiled, and despite my irritation, I couldn’t help but smile.

"Hopefully, I do find her."

I say, Mathew looks at me.

"You still think it's my sister who's your mate?"

He asks, and without hesitation I nod.

"Yes, I still think its Emily, I just haven’t been able to prove it yet, but from tomorrow, I have 3 weeks to find her, which I'm sure will not be easy for me, she has, after all, the last nine months been successful avoiding me, so I'll be lucky if I can find her before the three weeks in a forest is over."

I say a little sad because I know that's the truth, to Madeline I acted like I without any doubt would find my mate, but deep down I am not that sure about it. I get disconnected from my thoughts by Matthew exclaims.

"She may have been able to avoid you for 9 months, but you need to look at your advantage, The Mating Game takes place in your area, it’s in the forest that you know better then anyone, its gives you a huge advantage, you know where the hiding places are, you know where the water is, and that’s the place all wolves have to go sometimes to drink, you have some advantages that Emily doesn’t have. I don’t understand why Emily would avoid you if you actually are her mate. But you can use your knowledge to find her in the woods, you just have to believe that you will succeed if you go into the game with a negative attitude, you will already have lost, since you will have give up before you even started."

He says, I stared at him before I crooked a smile.

"Now that was a really Alpha who spoke there. And you're right, I have to believe that I will succeed, thank you Matt."

Matthew nods, and we give each other a quick man hug before he with a quick goodbye and good luck leaving my room. I throw myself on my bed and stare at the ceiling, I have to find my mate and I have the next three weeks to do so.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Picture of Lucas at the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*