*Chapter 18* - Here with me

*Emilys P.O.V.*

The sound of a gentle giggle makes me look around Lucas's broad shoulders and I spot Malina, which makes me to lie a gentle hand on Lucas' shoulder, and mumble.

"It's okay Lucas, you know that she isn’t in any threat to me."

I notice how his tense body slowly relaxes, before he with an apologetic glance at Malina say.

"You have to be careful, Lurius are very protective of our mate. Another time you have to make us aware of you before you ‘attack’ Emily."

He says and Malina nods with an apologetic glance.

"Of cause, sorry Alpha, I was just so happy that she finally came home to us."

She smiled, and it was the right thing to say, cause Lucas' serious face broke into a big smile before he pulled me into his arms and muttered.

"I can fully agree about that."

I feel the blush his words give me and I buries my head in his chest. It's obvious that I've got myself a very possessive but loving mate. I look at Malina again with a questioning look.

"But what are you doing here? Nobody knew I would come home today?"

I asked astonished, and see how Malina shyly looked down before she with little voice muttered.

"I live here now."

She says before she raises her eyes and sends me a wry smile, I smile back at her.

"But I didn’t think you were a part of the Steel Pack?"

Malina shook her head, still with a smile.

"No, but it turned out that Sebastian is Lucas' beta, so after you and I got claimed we are part of the same pack."

She says grinning, smiling I run over to her and gives her a hug.

"I’m so hay now we will always have each other to lean on."

I hear a low growl behind me before I get pulled away from Malina, and into the arms of my possessive mate, who looks down at me with narrowed eyes and exclaims.

"You have me to lean on, I'm your mate, I'm the one you should automatically seek comfort in when needed."

I smiling look up at him, and gently caress his cheek.

"And you'll always be the one I seek comfort from. But let's be realistic you are an alpha and a very possessive alpha, there will be times when I will want to slap you. And I'm sure that Malina will experience the same with her beta mate, and it is in such situations that it’s good to have a good friend to lean on, to get our rage out without our mate is being exposed to it. You can’t mind that. "

I say gently, and see how Lucas looks at me before he gives a short nod.

"You're right, though I don’t think that I’m that possessive"

I raise an eyebrow at him, causing him to look away from me for a moment, before he looks back at me and mumbles.

"At least not more than other he-wolves."

Malina and I laugh and I loving throw my arms around him, as I see the offended expression he makes by our laughter. This immediately make him relax and look down at me.

"Come, I will show you our bedroom, so you can get some rest."

He says fondly, and I look surprised at him before I a bit annoyed exclaims.

"You don’t think I've rested enough the past several days? You barely let me go to the bathroom by myself, I'm sure I've had enough rest."

But Lucas just smiles lovingly at me.

"Maybe you're right, I am very possessive and I will not let you overexert yourself. And no matter what you say, you just got released for the hospital, and that means you have to take it easy ... Come on, do it for my sake."

He says the last sentence gently and with a pleading look. I moan defeated, how can I say no, when he says it that way. Lucas sees that he have convinced me quickly smile to Malina, before he takes me in his arms, and said to Malina.

"I'm sorry Malina, but you have to wait until later to talk to Emi, right now she is my mate, and I need some mate time with her"

He says with a wry smile, and receives a soft clap and an indignant outburst by me, but I hear Malina in the background respond with laughing voice.

"Of course, alpha, I’m not going to stand in the way of you lovebirds."

I feel Lucas's chest rumble in repressed laughter, and I only note that we have moved, when Lucas stops in front of a door and looking anxiously down at me.

"I know that my room looks a bit masculine still, I haven’t had time to get it decorated so you will feel at home because I couldn’t leave your hospital bed. But I neither wanted others to change the room and thereby get credit for it. But I promise you that we going to decorate it for your taste as soon as possible. Are you happy I will be happy, so do whatever you like."

He smiles affectionately down to me, before he opens the door and carry me over the threshold as if we were a newly married couple, the thought makes me blush and hide my face by his chest, but I look up again when the light is turned on, and look astonished around in the room. I don’t know what I had imagined, but certainly not this. The room actually isn’t that big, but the furniture and the room itself were curved, which made the room seem very pleasant and intimate. The walls were kept in white and all the furniture was dark wood, but what surprised me most was that the end wall in front of the bed not exactly was a wall, but a giant aquarium, I couldn’t restrain a surprised outbreak, and I look with big eyes at Lucas, who had look anxious at me the whole time, and now I looked at him, I saw his face fell.

"You don’t like it? But as I said, we can easily change it. On the other side of the aquarium, I have decorated my living room, so if you want a master bedroom and a walk-in closet then it’s possible to easily remove the aquarium, so everything is possible."

He said seriously, but I stopped him with a smile by putting my hand over his mouth to make him shut up, before I looked up at him with a big smile.

"I love it as it is, there's nothing I would change. Maybe put some pictures of my family around the room, but that will be it. I love the aquarium wall, how did you get that idea?"

I asked astonished while I walked over and put a hand on the aquarium and several of the fish came closer, and I couldn’t restrain a giggle. I heard Lucas clear his throat behind me before he said.

"You definitely going to think I'm crazy, because we didn’t even know that we were mates then. But do you remember when your father took us to the aquarium when you were around 15?"

He continued as I nodded.

"There was so much to look at, but the only thing you were interested in was the large aquarium, it took up the entire back wall, and you just stood and admired it in all the 3 hours we were there. So when I was arranging my room again, I don’t know way, but all I could think about was how thrilled you had been of the aquarium, which is why I made an entire wall. And while it was built, I couldn’t think of anything but your expression when you saw it, I would have showed you the day after your 16th birthday, but it was as after our dance for your birthday, you weren’t longer interested in being in my presence, and I was therefore never able to show you before now. "

I look up in surprise at him before looking back at the aquarium and then I throw myself in his arms, not knowing what to say but try to express my appreciation by kissing him, which make him stiffens surprised, and I know it’s because it’s the first time I was the one who began a kiss, but he comes around quickly, and with a moan he lies his arms around me and pushing my body closer to his, while he whispers.

"Welcome home princess."

"I'm glad to be home."

Lucas smiles gently down at me before he grabs my hand and leads me over to the bed where he gently pushes me down before he lies down next to me and pulls me into his arms.

"I know you think you have been enough in bed, but let's relax a little, for me, I almost lost you, and my wolf and I just want to make sure that you’re safe."

I look at him with a wry smile, before I gently caress his cheek.

"I know you're trying to get me persuaded by giving me a bad conscience to you, but luckily for you I'm a little tired, so this time you get it your way."

This makes Lucas to smile happy to me before he pull me even closer to him so I lay with my head on his chest, and his head was resting on mine. And that’s how I fell asleep, while I felt safe and protected in my mates arms.