*Chapter 11* - once a player always a player - right?

* Emily's P.O.V. *

It’s been eight days since Lucas had found me by the cave, and I was really beginning to open up to the idea that it really should be him and me. I know, for the last nine months I have made ​​every effort to keep him at a distance, and now in just eight days I have allowed him to get past my defenses. But you have to understand that before I had never lets Lucas' touch me and know where he have it had changed everything, The feeling I have when I’m with him is wonderful, and I can’t imagine not having him in my life.

This morning I woke up and knew that today I would accept Lucas, he was my mate, and I shouldn’t hold his past against him. Therefore I was now on my way to where I knew Lucas was staying under The Game.

I found Lucas, but he wasn’t alone, once again I felt how my heart shattered a little bit, when I saw Lucas with Melanie. And even though he pulled away from her as soon as I saw them, I had seen them, and that Lucas' pretended to be surprised didn’t fool me, I had been right all along, but this time I didn’t flee. The last eight day he had acted like I was weird because I didn’t knew what I wanted, but now he had proven that I was right to hesitate. The anger rise and I sharpened.

"And you wanted to know why I contently flee from you, let me tell you why, because of this. I can never trust that you will be true to me, or if you, like now, will be on the forest floor and make out with some random chick."

Lucas looks distraught at me and walked towards me, but I steps back.

"Don’t touch me Lucas, not after you've just had your hands on that one, who knows what you can infect me with."

I heard an indignant snort from Melanie who now stood up from the ground, her dress, if you could call it that, was very minimal, a very short skirt, which barely covered the buttocks and a stomach short wrap-around blouse with a deep v-neck, which badly covered it necessary, and in addition she was, if I'm not mistaken, naked under the non-existent clothes. She looked up at me with a smugly expression before she said.

"Now listen bitch, as you can see, you interrupted us in the middle of something, Lucas was about to claim me and ..."

Lucas angrily looked at her before he looked imploringly at me.

"It is not what’s going on, she ..."

But once again Melanie's shrill voice said.

"Can’t you see when you are unwelcome. Go out and find your own guy, but of course, who in their right mind would want anything to do with you, you are nothing and even an ugly nothing there ..."

"Enough Melanie, fucking shut your mouth..."

Shouted Lucas before he once again gets interrupted, this time by Sebastian, Malina's mate, who came out from the woods.

"I think I can shed a light on your little problem Emily, that's your name right?"

He asked, and put an arm around my shoulder, I froze a little by this stranger touching me, yet there was something about him that told me that I could be comfortable with him. So I nodded slowly, I heard Lucas growl, and take a step towards Sebastian, but Sebastian just look at him.

"I wouldn’t do that alpha, I'm not interested in your mate, I am searching for my own, which I know is somewhere nearby, as she has consistently been near Emily, since The Game began. And I'm trying to save your ass here, it’s understandable that Emily believe that you were doing something with Melanie, since it wouldn’t be the first time you where acting stupid, so pull your wolf back and let me clarify this."

He said, and to my surprise, I saw Lucas breathe deeply before his eyes again turn back to his silver-blue. Sebastian nodded, satisfied, before he once again looked down at me.