Chapter 34

"You're a really good swimmer." Jason twinkled a smile at me as I saw him leaning against a wall in the lounge area of the leisure centre.

"Thankyou..." Cautiously I looked around, noting how still the air was, "And you!" I whispered back.

"And your little brother? I never got his name...?"

"Thomas." Even the mention of his name brought a smile to my face.

"How old is he?"

"Uhmmm...." Biting my lip, he looked at me amused.

"Having trouble to remember?"

"Well sometimes he act's much older and bigger then he is!" Teasing, I stepped toward him.

"A bit like me then?" Softly he whispered, as he stepped forward. Slowly, he raised his hand up to let it fall softly on my hair. His eyes boldly staring into mine. "Your hair is soaking!" Exclaiming he dropped his hand, as it did it lightly brushed my cheek. His touch zapped through me making a red mark appear.

"Cassie?" Hearing the sounds of shoes click against the squeaky tiles, my mothers voice rose as she approached.

Quickly I stepped back.

"Oh." Turning around I saw my mother holding Thomas's hand.

"Mum... this is Jason..." Gulping I stepped toward her. "Jason.. mum..."

"Hi, nice to meet you Mrs...actually I'm afraid I don't know your name?"

"Susie Walkers... and nice to meet you too Jason."

"Mum this is our neighbour..."

"Oh!" A quick sharp sound left mums mouth, "Well I must tell you before we go, we're having a party or some friends round and your family is more than welcome to come."

Jason's smile beamed. "I shall tell my parents as soon as I get in."

"Well," mum looked towards me with raised eye's then towards Jason. "I will meet you in the car Cassie." Her voice rose as she quickly raced away a hint of crimson rising in her cheeks.

"She's so embarrassing," I mumbled biting my lip, as me and Jason walked toward each other.

"Barely!" Jason exclaimed. "You should see my parents! Wait... on second thoughts you wouldn't!" we both softly laughed.

"Actually I would like that..." I smiled at him.

"Really?" he exclaimed, stepping close to me.

"Yes? Is that ok...?" I asked hesitantly stepping back.

"Yes! Now?"

"Not now!" I laughed, but stopped abruptly seeing the twinkle from him disappear. "But tomorrow?"

The twinkle reappeared.

"I'd love that. After school?"

"After school!"

We smiled at each other.

"I guess i've got to go..."

"I'll see you tomorrow Cas." he whispered as I stepped away from him.

"He's hot." mum said loudly as I got in the car.

"Mum!" I gasped.

"But also very trouble making looking!" she turned and looked sternly at me.

"Mum!" I groaned rolling my eyes, then the thought of the notes bellowed at the front of my mind.

"Whats that?" mum queried looking at my bag.

"Whats what?" I said peering down, then saw it. A blue piece of card sticking out of my bag.

"That bit of card?" she said reaching down to get it.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, her hand shot back. "That's the time table!"

"Oh! For a moment then I thought it was a love note!" she rolled her eyes, pulling into the drive way.

"Thanks mum." I smiled as I got out the car, then raced upstairs hearing her call out to me when dinner would be.

Once in my room I raced to the card.

'Like a beautiful mermaid, that stings with her songs when she shatters another's heart. I warned you."