Chapter 10

Annie's POV

I saw it. His warning, his stare, his cold hearted stare, it told me what I need to do. 'Keep quiet', his eyes said it all, 'keep quiet, or you know what will happen'

I watched the police leave; it felt like a year had passed with every step they took. The tick of the clock was loud and clear, the sweat on my palms felt clammy. 

I tried to relax, I tried to breath, but I knowing he was watching me, making sure I kept quiet, I could barely feel my chest rise and fall. 

As soon as I heard the bang of the library door go, I got up from my seat. 

I knew he wanted to see me, to make sure I was doing as I was told. He had told me earlier that if the police came to talk to me, he'd want to see me after, a 'friendly catch up' he called it. 

But for me, the mere thought of having to be near him, made shivers run down my back. 

The halls were quiet, everyone was out in the playground. So there'd be no-one to help me , if help was needed. 

I gulped, trying to swallow my fear. 

He was there, of course, he was always there. In the shadows, out of sight, but always there. 

He was slouched against the lockers, his eyes piercing into me, with every step I took - the pounding in my head got louder and louder. 

"Annie," he greeted, his eyes cold, his smile sly, knowing he was in control. He stood up straight, and started to walk towards me. "Have you been good Annie?" I stood still, as he began to circle me.

I was tempted to close my eyes, but even the thought of the darkness with him made me feel ill. 

"I hope you haven't been, sharing our little secret?" he stopped in front of me. "Otherwise, Annie," I looked down at the floor not wanting to look into his spine-chilling eyes.

He moved his hand towards my face, I saw his smirk  of content as  I flinched, but it was to tuck some fallen strands of hair behind my ear. 

"We know what will happen don't we?" his smirk never left his face. I didn't look at him, I nodded my head slowly. 

With actions so fast, his hand quickly grabbed my hair which he twisted and pulled hard on.

Yanking on my hair, caused me to flex my head ever so slightly. 

Then with such a sudden force, he slammed me into the lockers nearby. 

Roughly he pressed his body against mine. 

My body felt like crumpling to the ground, but he held me firm, twisting my hair tighter and tighter. 

I let out a yelp, as I heard him laugh. 

"Yes!" I cried out. 

"Yes what Annie?" he chuckled softly; I could feel his  hot breath on my ear. 

"Yes! I know what will happen," I cried out again, tears starting to fall. His grip let go, relief flooded through my body. 

I stood still facing him as he lifted his body up of mine and took a step back. 

"Good." he smiled. Slowly this time he reached up and tucked the fallen strands of hair behind my ear again. 

But his hand came down on my chest and pushed me forcefully backwards into the lockers, the halls echoed with the crash. 

I turned my  face to the side, pressing it against the cold lockers, he stepped up close to me, our bodies touching. 

"Be good Annie." 

He turned and briskly walked away.

I slowly sunk to the floor bury my head in my hands, with my head bent, slowly I saw a clump of hair fall to the floor.