Chapter 11

"So why did you move here?" looking up at Sam in a daze I blushed slightly realizing I had been day dreaming.

 I looked at Annie who was looking down at the floor quietly, I nudged her gently, hoping to bring her back to her happy self. She hesitantly looked up and although I smiled at her she just  nodded at me, then hung her head back down. 

Frowning, I looked at Sam who was smiling expectantly at me. 

"Uhm.. I don't actually know," he looked amused  at me and I laughed quietly. "Well I think it was that my dad got a new job here?"  

"Oh, cool, what does he do?" 

"I think he's a lawyer?" I said hesitantly.

"My dads a lawyer too, well actually he owns his own firm? Wests Lawyers?"  he asked, dazzling a smile at me. 

"No way! My dad works for that firm!" a goofy smile spread across my face as we looked at each other and smiled. 

"Well, your probably the family coming over for dinner? Dad mentioned something about his boss coming over, should be interesting," I softly laughed. 

"Should be indeed," he said with a smirk on his face. Quizingly, I looked at him, he shrugged and then winked at me, which made a small blush creep across my face.  

"Thanks for the invite," Annie mumbled as she lifted her head up and frowned at me with hurt eyes. Sam looked at her strangely, then at me with raised eyebrows, I frowned worriedly at him in return. 

She stopped abruptly then turned to walk away. 

"Wait Annie!" I said as I grabbed for her arm. I looked at Sam and he nodded knowing that I wanted to talk to Annie alone, my heart fluttered at his kindness. 

"Annie whats wrong? Is it Sam? We don't have to sit with him," I smiled reassuringly at her. 

She looked at me with watery round eyes, but didn't speak just went to carry on walking away from me.  

"Annie, I.. I don't understand.." She stopped and looked at me. 

"Well if you'd stopped for a minute then you would of," she looked around at everyone in the corridor passing by us. 

"I'm sorry I didn't stop sooner, I've stopped now, can we talk about it now?" She looked down at the floor and behind her as if to go again. "Please Annie." I didn't want to lose the one nice person I've met so far. 

"I'll tell you later, I've got to go to art to finish my assignment anyway." She smiled briefly at me, as I smiled back she started to walk away. 

"Thankyou for helping me this morning!" I called out to her. 

I turned around expecting to see Sam waiting somewhere, but he wasn't there. 

In fact no one was there, except me, lost once again.