Chapter 36

As I walk home, I pull my hoodie tight around me although its drenched. I feel too scared to lift my head up from the pavement. I even felt scared to go home, I just want them to leave me alone. 

"Cassie." A voice suddenly snaps me out of my thoughts. I snap my head up and stumble back. 

"Sam!" I exclaim, letting go of my hoodie. "What are you doing here?" I ask as I scan him, but then notice his trainers and blue sports clothing. 

"Me!" He exclaims back, "Have you seen yourself? Seriously Cas, what are you doing out here?" He steps towards me. 

"I..." I choke on my words, as I croak escapes my mouth, tears begin to fall. I stare at Sam, who in the next moment has enveloped me into a hug. I rest my head against his shoulder, breathing in deeply as the tears fall. 

"I just want them to leave me alone," I cry into his shoulder. 

"Who?" Sam ask's as he begins to stroke my hair. 

"I don't know!" I step back, his arms fall to his sides. 

"It's ok Cas." He steps towards me again, his hand touches my arm. His eyes glistening from the light from the lamppost. 

"It's not ok!" I brush his hand off me. 

"I will help you make it ok." He smiles briefly, then it drops. The timing... could it be Sam sending the notes? If it is.. I need to be careful. 

I nod cautiously at him. 

"Let me take you home." He suggests, but its more of a demand. 

I step forward, he turns and walks next to me. 

"I know this is bad timing, but tomorrow, I've got this concert..." He gulps and turns to me, his eyes on me make my cheeks burn. "I'm playing drums in this band, do you want to come watch?" 

"Who else is going?" I quietly ask. 

"There should be quite a few people from school." 

It's just a concert isn't it? With other's going, it should be alright. 

"I'll think about it." I turn and look at him, a small smile on my face. He beams back at me. 

We soon start to approach my house. 

"I'll talk to you tomorrow then? We can talk after the concert?" His eyes continue to glisten. 

"Yeah." I whisper quietly, then turn away and walk into my drive, closing the gates behind me. I can feel his stare as I walk up to the front door. I don't turn back. 

I walk through the front door, and hear my mum shout out 'Cas!'. 

I feel a buzz in my pocket. 

'Come to the concert tomorrow? I'm playing the guitar.' - Henry. 

I gulp. It's just a concert. 

'Ok'. I reply.