Chapter 33

"Mum!" Thomas squealed as I splashed him with water. "Mummy!" He squealed again as he erupted with giggles, he little face sprinkled with water.
He kicked his legs at me, sending a tidal wave my way.

I let out a squeal feeling my hair stick to my skin like velcro.

"I'm so going to get you!" I squealed, smiling evilly. The water rushed around me as I powered forward. His smile dropped from his face as he flapped his arms, wrapped in yellow swim bands, and swam towards mum.

"Cassie!" Mum shouted at me as she approached.

I rolled my eyes as Thomas scrambled up and wrapped himself around her.

"Can you just behave? People are trying to swim and your being a nuisance." She tutted, wiping Thomas's hair out of his eyes. "You ok my angel?"

Thomas eyes twinkled, turning around he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Oi! Mr! Monkeys do that not angels!" She let him squirm free. "Behave." She looked sternly at me as she pushed of to carry on swimming. I stuck my tongue out at her.

"I didn't know angels stuck their tongue out?" I heard a deep voice rumble from behind me.

I turned around startled, stepping beck I lost my footing and fell into the water, the waves surrounding me.

Pulling me out suddenly was an arm, that was tightly wrapped around mine.

My cheeks instantly heated with humiliation, wishing that I'd stayed under water.

"Well I'm not an angel." I mumbled out.

"I disagree," Jason's eyes lit up as he smiled, making me flutter inside. Expecting his eyes to trail, I was astonished to find they didn't.

"Pfft." I said stepping back and falling over again, half way thrown back, once again I felt his warm hand wrapped itself around mine.

"I also thought angels were suppose to be the ones saving people?" He grinned cheekily at me, small dimples appearing.

"I'm not an angel!" I pulled my hair round to my shoulder, feeling like I was naked and not in my black bikini.

"You can keep telling yourself that!"

"I will!" I smiled adamantly at him. "Who are you here with anyway?" I said quickly changing the topic, my pitch raising slightly as I had only considered him being here with other people as I asked the question.

"Just a few people angel," he gestured to behind me. I groaned inwardly at his nickname, but the flutters increased.

I turned around as my mouth fell open seeing that the whole year was practically here. And mum said I was being a nuisance.

"Thats more than a few..." I said crossing my arms over, trying to hide, a saw a small smirk spread as he noticed.

"Feel abit uncomfy?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Just a little bit..." I almost stumbled out making me cry inside.

"You shouldn't be." I turned around, breathing in sharply as I noticed he was standing right in front me. My eyes were level, with his broad, large, chest.

I gulped.

"Cassie!" I heard a squeal behind me, then a harsh rubber rub against me as Thomas wrapped himself around me.

"Yes angel?" I smiled at his little round eyes.

"I thought we were going to race," he pulled his puppy eyes.

"I was just talking to a friend," I pulled the face back.

He turned his head, his eyes nearly popping out of his head when he saw Jason.

He came and stood in front of me.

"Do you want to play?" I went to interject but...

"Sure." His smooth, deep, husky voice stopped me. As our eyes met, I realised he was looking at me intently, almost with hunger.