Chapter 28

As it felt as though my body was swelling and I was about to burst at any moment, I heard a voice shout loudly.

"Cassie?" Henrys voice pierced the air, as I turned I saw him standing at the black gothic gates. Drenched with water his shirt stuck to him.

"Henry..." I choked out, my eyes widening I looked back towards the rose and card.

"Cassie!" Henry shouted again not hearing me, suddenly he began to make his way towards me.

In an automatic response I dashed towards the front door, fear spread through me as the thought of him seeing the rose and card hit me.

"Cassie wait!" I heard him shout again, the gravel crunching as I heard his footsteps close behind me. Continuing to dash forward I began to climb the stairs when a hand grabbed my wrist forcefully. "Cassie." Henry whispered darkly.

Yanking my wrist out of his hand I stumbled back. Nearly falling over, I felt his hand grab mine, his damp cold hands suffocating my hand. Gently he pulled me back to stable myself.

His blue electric eyes stared at me, with a swift movement I saw him look behind me. His stare returned to me.

"Its..." I began.

"I know what it is." his voice sounded cold and stern. As my eyes widened he glared at, what felt like neon bright, the rose and card behind me.

"How...?" My voice was barely a whisper.

"Dont ask-"

"Why not?"

"Because I..." His eyes began to gaze, darkness surrounding them.

"You?" Gulping, I breathed in deeply.

"Look, I'm sorry, its just..." He glanced over at Sams house, "its hard for me to be here..."

"I know," my eyes softened as I looked down at him,"he only lives next door?"

"Only! Cassie! They've got a restraining order on me!" Ruggedly he ran his hands through his hair.

"What?" I breathed in scared.

"Lets go inside?" He began to go up the stairs, when I started to loudly laugh sarcastically.

"Your being serious?"

"Yes?" He continued to make his way up. My laughter cut of abruptly.

"Henry I don't think thats wise-"

"Move. Before they see us." I glared at him. But he did not return my gaze, instead I saw his eyes gazing down at our entwined hands. Along with him I gazed, his hand felt so cold against my warm one.

"Your hands are so soft," he mumbled softly, his voice like silk. "So small and-" I pulled my hand away. "Elegant." He breathed out and in return so did I.

I took a step back, as did he take one forward. The darkness from his eyes now gone.

Turning around he picked up the rose and card and walked into the house.

I didn't hear the door close, just the faint tick of the latch being locked, I could feel his cold breath flow into the air.

Shuddering I turned around, to come face to face with him. Our bodies faintly touching one another. I could smell his minty peppermint breath that escaped his rose lips.

I looked into his blues eyes and froze.

I felt the softest, most delicate touch of his hand brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Your hair is so silky." He whispered, sending chills down my spine.

Stepping back, I frowned at him.

"Its a gift." He smiled tauntingly at me.

"What is?" I asked too quickly, he raised an eyebrow at me as a small blush crept into my cheeks.

"The rose, the notes." He began to hang his bag up on the hooks.

"Wha-t?" I stuttered out.

"Im joking Cassie."

"Oh..." I murmured looking down at the floor.

"Have you by any chance, got a spare t-shirt that I could wear? Please." He smiled at me, as he grimaced ever so slightly at the shirt that clung to him.

"Yeah. Its just upstairs-" I stopped talking as I saw him begin to make his way up the stairs.

"You coming?" He grinned down at me.

Silently I made my way up the stairs. Without glancing in to check if the room was mine, he walked in as if he already knew. As I walked closer to the room I stopped outside the room, once again, feeling like de ja vu I breathed in deeply and slowly opened the door. Henry was looking around for a top. 

Walking into my room, I opened one of my chest of drawers, the squeak that escaped breaking the silence. But he didn't even seem to notice the silence. I pulled out one of the tops and passed it to him whilst he smiled at me. 

"This is massive!" he exclaimed pulling the top over his head, "Is this yours?" he frowned at me. 

"Yeah? I like to wear mens tops their more cosy sometimes," I shrugged my shoulders as what seemed like relief flooded through his face. He sat down on the bed. "How did you know this was my room...?" I asked cautiously stepping around him to sit on the other side. 

"I use to live down here. It had a similar layout." he looked at me. 

"But that doesn't mean you know which one was mine..." gulping loudly, he smirked at me. 

"Well its the best room isn't it? I couldn't imagine you in any other room, other than the best..." he trailed off as he gazed around the room. 

"Whats that suppose to mean?" I exclaimed as my eyes widened. "Are you saying I'm up myself?" 

"No! No!" he jumped of the bed and came round to the side which I was sitting on. "What I meant is that, someone as beautiful as you deserves the best and I wouldn't expect any less." he breathed out deeply. 

"Oh..." I breathed out quietly in return as I blushed, a piece of hair fell from behind my ear. As I saw his hand lift up to brush it away, I quickly stood up and frowned at him. "Why does Sam have a restraining order on you? How do you know what that rose and card is?" 

"Its a long story..." His eyes darted across the room and out the window. "What was that?" He asked as his voice rose. "I though I saw something move..." 

"We've got lots of time." I replied ignoring his questioning as I kept my gaze on him. 

"We don't..." His voice softly echoed, as he looked out my window towards the road where police cars were arriving. Slowly Henry picked up his bag and smiled at me. "I best be of." 

As we walked in silence towards the front door, the piece of black card caught my eye as it lay on the door mat. 

"Can we do this again?" Henry asked, smiling so that his cheeks rose. I nodded in return as a small smile crept across my face. He stepped out of the door, glancing one more time at me, he made his way down the stairs and began to walk across the driveway. 

I picked up the black peice of card, and turned it over to see silver writing swirled across the card. 

'I warn, but do not make me threaten you, do not do this to your next gift.'

Turning to look out the door, I saw Henry making his way down the drive way, his footsteps crunching the gravel.