Chapter 12

I sighed, was it any use? Every corner I turned expecting to find Annie or Sam, they never turned out to be there.

So that is why I'm standing in the middle of the corridor, debating whether to ask for help.

Looking down at my map in frustration, I realized, it was time to ask for help.

Thats when I realized no one else was in the corridor, not even a squeak of a shoe.

I twirled around, looking for someone, looking inside of classrooms for even a teacher, but no one was there.

Thats when a sign caught my eye, on it it said 'Art department' with an arrow pointed down the next corridor.

Finally, a sign of hope, and surprisingly an actual sign that had been the most helpful piece of guidance all day.

I started to head towards the corridor where the arrow pointed, when I heard footsteps coming down the corridor.

Rushing to finally get some help, and relieved the school hadnt been abandoned, I zoomed round the corner.

Thats when I collided, once again, with a brick wall.

In fact, strangely that brick wall was once again the boy who I last bumped into.

"Ow," i winced, putting a hand to my head as a joke.

He looked up with bitter eyes, but then as he had last time, they quickly softened as he recognized it was me.

His eyes quickly widened as his hands flew to my head.

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok? I honestly didn't see you," he blushed as he moved my hand away, his touch was soft and his skin was cold.

I softly laughed.

"Yeah, I'm fine, actually its quite funny how we've done this yet again," I smiled at him but he had a crease in his forehead. "Honestly, I was joking, I'm fine." I said.

"I don't think you are," he looked down at my hand.

Looking down at my hand I realized there was a small drop of blood.

"Oh," I slightly laughed, then cringed at the sight.

"I'm so sorry! I think you should go to the nurses office," he looked at me with worry plain in his eyes.

"Its nothing..." I reassured him but he cut me of.

"No, please, I think the nurse should just have a look," he smiled whilst wincing as he looked up at my head.

"Ok, ok," I said as I put my hands in the air and surrendered.

Suddenly my arm was grabbed hold of as he quickly whisked me away to the nurses office.

"Woah," i said pulling my arm back, "it's ok, no need to rush."

"It could be serious, you could have concussion," he briskly walked on as i quickly followed.

I laughed. "Im sure its not that serious, its just a graze," he looked at me, winced then turned back. "Isn't it?" I called after him.

Soon we arrived at the nurses office, i presumed as he abruptly stopped at a door with 'nurse office' written on it.

He opened the door without knocking, and there sat a woman, who i presumed was the nurse as she wore a uniform. She sat with a cup of tea in her hands reading a newspaper.

As soon as we entered she looked up scolding at us, but her mouth fell open as she saw my head. She put down her cup and sat me down on a clinic type of bed near by.

I looked at the boy..I can't even remember his name, worryingly I nibbled on my lip.

"Whats your name?" She asked, as she began to open a kit, in which neatly packaging and boxes lay.

"Cassie," i replied, whilst smiling at her then wincing as she began to dab at my head with cotton wool.

"Yes the new girl," she smiled at me "best way to spend your new day," she joked. "What happened?" She asked, looking around at, the boy who I crashed into.

She smiled when she saw him.

"We bumped into eachother, she must of caught her self on my chain," he calmly spoke as he looked directly at me. Under his intense gaze, i blushed once again.

That was when, for the first time, I realized he was wearing a dark grey chain.

"Oh.. Maybe," i whispered.

"Its just a small cut," she smiled as she worked. "Thats it, all cleared up," she said as she gave one last dab.

I got up of the bed, and went to touch my head, as my hand came into contact i flinched at the sting of pain.

"Im sorry," he winced as he looked at my head again.

"Its fine, nothing serious, even the nurse said so herself," I reassured him. "Thankyou..."

"Mary, my name is Mary," she smiled pleasantly at me.

"Well thankyou Mary," i picked up my bag and we made our way out and left her to pick up where she left of reading and drinking. 

We closed the door gently behind us.

"Thankyou for taking me to see the nurse," i smiled at him, "lucky it wasn't anything serious uh?" I smiled jokingly at him.

"Still I'm really sorry Cassie," he looked down at the floor.

"Its fine Sam." My brain froze, thats not his name, thats....

"What?" He looked confusedly at me.

"I mean.." I looked at him in plead of remembering his name.

"Its Henry, my names Henry," he looked angrily at me.

"Oh sorry..." I said grimacing.

"Its fine, im glad your ok, see you later," with one last glare he turned and stormed of.

Being the third person to leave me this morning, leaving me yet again, lost.