Chapter 27

"Cassie?" I heard a sharp voice break me out of my trance as I stared around the playground.

Turning towards the sound of the sharp voice, I came face to face with Annie whose eyes were narrowed down on me.

"If you cant stop staring at them, why don't you just go sit with them?" She grumbled at me. Looking at her with raised eyebrows, she rolled her eyes. "You know who I'm talking about!"

I continued to cock one eyebrow at her.

"Henry! Sam!" She threw her hands up in the air dramatically.

"Oh..." I whispered quietly, "I wasn't looking at just them-"

"Don't even try to tell me you weren't-"

"Annie. I wasn't." I looked at her straight in the eyes as I spoke sternly. "I got another note."

"Really? When? Where!"Annie exclaimed, causing a few eyes to flash our way.

"Shh!" I hushed her, as we both looked round cautiously.

"It was in my bedroom last night, I think they put it in my blazer pocket and it fell out."

"That explains why your being so adamant about not wearing your blazer!" Her eyes lite up.

"Yes." I gazed around, catching eyes with Henry to also then see Sam looking this way, blushing I quickly turned away.

"What did it say?"

"I don't want to talk about it here, come over tomorrow?" Asking her I smiled gently.

"Sure!" She cheerily replied as she began to pick up her bags, just in time with the shrill sound of the bell. "What did you do with the note?"

"I threw it in the bin. I was tempted to burn it."

"Why? Was it that serious? Its just an admirer? Isnt it?" She asked with wide eyes.

I shrugged in reply.

"What have you got last?" She asked as we began to pick our way through the crowds and into the school.

"Art, what about you?"

"I don't even know," she giggled, then started to reach for another girl, "Hannah! Am in your class next?" I laughed as the girl nodded and Annie grabbed onto her arm. "I'll see you later!" Annie shouted out to me as she began to walk away.

* * *

"Cassie!" I heard a voice whisper close to my ear as I walked into the art room.

I whipped around to see Henry casually leaning against the wall.

"Don't do that! You gave me a heart attack!" as I looked at him with wide eyes, he lifted himself of the wall and began to walk over to a table.

"Someones got to keep you on your toes..." he smirked, picking up a paintbrush and running it through his fingers.

"And that someone has to be you?"

"Yes. Who else?" he continued to smirk as he raised his eyebrows as if in shock horror.

"Well I'm just saying..." I

"Well... Don't." his voice was so stern it made me queasy and think back to the note.

Looking at him cautiously, I looked to what he was sketching, a rose. A dark red rose. Loudly gulping, I stared at the painting, feeling my fingers holding my paintbrush begin to shake.

"I'm joking Cassie!" Henry exclaimed when he caught a glimpse of me. "You look like you've seen a ghost?" frowning he slowly put down his paintbrush.