Epilogue Part II: Return

Hi, guys! This was a one shot request from @Gdjkduf that I had actually been toying with for a while. It's also published in my Naruto One Shots story if you'd like to read it there! 

This is the final installment of The Entire Sky. It's bittersweet to end it; however, it must be done. When I began writing this story, I had no idea where it was going but I knew it would find its way. Thank you all for the support, votes, and comments, it truly means the world to me. 

✕  ✕  ✕  ✕  ✕

Sasuke looked carefully between the revived Hokage. They all stood with firm faces, watching the people in front of them intently. After the situation was explained, Hashirama shook his head and paced a bit. Madara, he thought, how could you become this? She would be so heartbroken at this mess.

"Shodaime, Nidaime," Hiruzen asked, "what should we do? Is there a way we can defeat Madara Uchiha?"

Hashirama's gaze raised to Tobirama. They spoke with their eyes, a disagreement quickly arising. Tobirama shook his head as he whispered, "No..."

"Tobirama," he returned, "I think she could do it."

"But what if she can't?"

A warm smile graced Hashirama's face and he cheerily responded, "Worst case scenario, we get to see her again."

The rest of the group watched as the brothers argued vaguely. Sasuke then stepped forward and asked in a cutting tone, "Who is this woman you're speaking of?"

Hashirama turned to the young Uchiha and replied, "The woman who might be able to stop Madara Uchiha..." He paused for dramatic effect and gave a smirk as he finished, "The one and only, Sen Hyuga."

"Never heard of her," Sasuke replied in a bored tone.

Keeping his smirk, he answered with a laugh, "Once you meet her, you'll never forget her."

Orochimaru began to chuckle as he spoke up, "And you plan on reanimating this woman?"

"Of course," Hashirama responded. "That's where Tobirama comes in."

The albino man rolled his eyes and sighed in slight annoyance.

After a bit of coaxing, Tobirama began the preparations for reanimating Sen. He focused on the jutsu and placed his all into it, slowly feeling the chakra pour from his fingertips into her form.

The group gathered around and watched as the small woman slowly began to move. She sat up and looked around, her pale eyes wide as she surveyed the room. She asked, "Where... am I?"

"It's been a while, Sen," Tobirama greeted her.

"Tobirama," she replied softly, "it's you."

Sen stood and stretched her limbs, feeling the strangeness of this new body. She looked around the room at the strangers surrounding her. She asked again, "Where am I? Who are you all? Am I alive?"

Hashirama stepped forward to answer, "We're here to save the world, Sen. And we need you to do it."

"Me?" she asked, pulling her head back in shock.

"And, yes, you're kinda alive," Hashirama continued, "You're under a jutsu Tobirama created long ago."

Sen cut her eyes at the white-haired Senju as she laughed dryly, "Of course."

Tobirama turned his head up at her and pouted his lip as he replied, "As difficult as ever, I see."

"Fuck off, Tobirama," she answered, waving her hand and brushing him off. She then turned her focus onto the young man in front of her. He felt and looked oddly familiar as if it were someone she had known in another life or seen in a dream.