25

Sen was lounging lazily with a book in Madara's office window while he worked at his desk. Neither had spoken for a long time, yet the silence was comforting to them both. To know the other person was present was enough to put the lovers at ease with smiles on their faces.

Madara closed his ledger and stretched his long arms before cracking his neck. Sen looked up from her novel and smiled. She then looked at the clock and groaned, "Fuck, I have to go."

"It'd be a shame if you were late for your dinner with the Senju," Madara mumbled.

She kissed him on the cheek and chuckled sarcastically, "You're right, especially whenever Lord Hyuga demands my punctuality."

Madara smiled with his eyes as he tousled her hair and returned a kiss to her cheek. Before exiting from the window, she looked back while the corner of her mouth turned up in a grin. Madara waited for her to speak; however, she leapt down without another word.

Sen darted through the streets back to the Hyuga compound. Her heart felt lighter after being around Madara, as if he renewed her strength. She brightly entered her household and freshened her hair and face before changing into a cream yukata and pale blue haori. She joined her family in the entertaining space and waited for the Senju to arrive.

Hashirama, Tobirama, and Mina entered with an older woman who Sen assumed was the Senju matriarch. After an exchange of formal greetings, they took their places around the table and the Hyuga servants began presenting dishes of wonderful food. The dinner was friendly between the two clans, much to Sen's pleasure.

After dinner, tea was served while Lord Hyuga stated, "I think it's proper time for an announcement."

Everyone's eyes fell onto Lord Hyuga. There was total silence as everyone waited in anticipation. Sen's gut hinted at bad news; however, she hid her anxieties and waited for her father to continue. He cleared his throat and spoke, "There has been much discussion between clans, and we feel that in order to forge a more cohesive bond, a marriage will take place between Tobirama Senju and Mina Hyuga."

Sen's eyes darted around the room from each member. Hashirama looked pleasantly surprised while Sora was clearly shocked. Mina's face was stoic and unreadable, but an emotion that Sen couldn't decipher lurked behind her eyes. Finally, Tobirama caught the youngest Hyuga's eyes and gave her a narrowed glare. She averted her gaze and listened as everyone poured their congratulations on the couple.

After dinner ended and the Senju left, Sora threw open Sen's front door and exclaimed in a whisper, "What the fuck was that?!"

The girl shrugged as she brushed her hair. Sora paced the floor and continued, "Tobirama and Mina? Seriously?"

"Mina gets her wedding at least. Maybe now she will be more receptive to us mending our relationship," Sen answered, pulling her hair into a loose braid. "Who knows, this could be a good thing? Well, minus the part where Tobirama is our brother-in-law."

"Tobirama is a good guy, he's just a little rigid. He could relax a little more."

A laugh escaped Sen. "That's quite the understatement."

Sora and Sen talked for a while more before he bid her goodnight. Sen had just crawled into her bed and snuggled under the covers whenever a knock sounded at the door. She groaned and answered it, opening the door to see Madara.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry," he apologized with a worried expression.

She shook her head and gestured for him to come in. She asked what he was doing out and he replied that he wanted to see her and knew she was a night owl. Sen rolled her eyes and chuckled as she sat on her bed.

Madara stood beside the bed, running his hand over the blankets. Sen watched him for a moment before asking bluntly, "Are you going to come to bed or not?"

He snapped from his trance and his cheeks reddened slightly. He took off a couple layers of his clothing and crawled into the bed beside Sen. He pulled her close to him and breathed in the sweet scent of her luscious raven hair. I don't know what makes you so damn irresistible. You haven't left my mind since the first time I saw you. Is this what love feels like? Madara thought as he held her close.

Sen dozed off quickly while Madara silently stroked her hair and took in her external beauty while thinking about her character. She was a sea of delightful paradoxes. Delicate but strong. Kind but fierce. Patient but firm. Sen was everything he wished he could be; however, he could never be like her. She was one of a kind. Sen Hyuga was an enigma--one that he considered himself privileged to share his existence with.

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

Soft Madara oop  

Also, it's fucking HARD writing fluffy scenes whenever you're generally aromantic I've come to learn. Alas, I still will try..!