16

Where am I? What's going on? Madara?

Sen felt as if she was in a dream. Her body felt weightless as she looked around the demonic environment. She gulped hard whenever she heard the harsh sounds of metal clanging against each other. She turned in the direction of the sound and saw two shinobi battling.

Who are these people?

Madara was hesitant to use his genjutsu on her, but he proceeded with the illusion. He could never tell her what happened, not without his deep hatred scaring her away. However, he could show her the truth. He could show her that Tobirama Senju delivered the fatal blow to his dear brother.

Is that Tobirama? And... Madara? No, that isn't Madara. Who is it then? Is it... Izuna?

The Uchiha used a fireball jutsu that Tobirama countered with his water style before sending a flurry of kunai toward the black haired man. He easily dodged them with his Sharingan before Tobirama screamed, "Flying Raijin Slice!"

No. What was happening?

Blood poured from the young Uchiha man's mouth before she watched as Madara appeared out of nowhere to hold his brother. Hashirama began pleading with Madara to accept a peace treaty. He looked to momentarily consider it before Izuna sharply cut in and reminded him of what the Senju had done to the Uchiha. Conflict flashed across Madara's face. He threw a smoke bomb and disappeared.

In an instant, her surroundings changed. She was now in a dark bedroom where Izuna lay still. Madara was knelt by his side, his lip quivering in both rage and sorrow.

Izuna spoke raggedly, "Take them, please, Madara. Use them for the sake of the Uchiha."

"No, Izuna..." Madara begged. "I can't possibly do that. I can't..."

In a firmer voice, Izuna commanded him, "Nii-san, take them. I'm dying. The clan will need you to be strong and we both know your eyesight is diminishing."

Madara was silent.

Izuna urged him once more, "Do this as a final act of love for your younger brother, nii-san."

Sen watched in anguish as Madara followed his brother's final wishes. Tears streamed from her eyes as she watched the Uchiha's depth of love and grief. Death swallowed Izuna soon after, to which Madara allowed a heartbreaking cry to escape his chest.

After that, everything faded away before darkness cloaked her vision and she fell into a deep sleep.

No one had ever believed that Izuna had given Madara his eyes. That was fine. It didn't matter what everyone else thought anyway, but it did matter what Sen thought. He wanted her to know what really happened that day. Her opinion was the only one that mattered to him nowadays.

After deactivating his Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan, he caught Sen's unconscious body and held her in his arms. He carried her from the roof and down into her bedroom. He lay her gently in her bed and pulled a blanket up around her body.

He sat beside her sleeping figure and sighed sadly. One day, Sen, I hope you will forgive me. I didn't know of another way. I'm so sorry. I couldn't bear you thinking that of me. I could never live in a world where you feared me.

His fingers gently brushed against her cheek, pushing a lock of hair out of her eyes. A sad smile tugged at his mouth before he leaned over to press a lingering kiss onto her forehead. Madara sat beside her in silence, watching out the window as the clouds began to break up and reveal a sky glimmering with stars.

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

Sorry this is kinda short, but it gets the point across sooooo

Sorry this is kinda short, but it gets the point across sooooo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯