57

Whenever Karasu woke, he found Sen's note and furrowed his eyebrows. It was unlike her to be so secretive, but he shrugged and figured she had gone to Madara's. He stayed at her house for a while before going back to the Uchiha compound, as he was walking through the streets, he saw Madara but no Sen. He cocked his head and went over to the clan leader before greeting him and asking if he knew where the Hyuga woman was.

Madara replied that he didn't know and asked if he had checked her house. Karasu said that he stayed the night with her and had woken to a vague note. The older Uchiha face was puzzled for a moment, but then he gave Karasu a pat on the shoulder and said he was sure she was around somewhere.

The kid nodded but wasn't satisfied with just waiting around on her. He had an uneasy feeling deep in his gut, so he went back to the Hyuga compound and knocked on Sora's door. Surely he could find her with his Byakugan.

"Sora!" the kid shouted as the door swung open.

A sleepy Sora answered with a yawn, but didn't have time to reply before Karasu exclaimed, "Where's Sen?!"

Sora shrugged nonchalantly as he pulled his long hair into a ponytail and replied, "Her house, maybe?"

The Uchiha boy sent an annoyed look at Sora and shot back, "Don't you think I would've already looked there, Sora Sensei?"

"Fair point," Sora conceded before telling Karasu to go find Yama and Yuudai and begin looking around the village for Sen. He told the boy he would look around the outskirts with his Byakugan. Karasu nodded and darted off to find his friends.

Even with his eyes, Sora was unable to find Sen. He knew that as a sensor type Tobirama would be able to find her instantly; however, asking for the Senju's assistance would be his last resort. He continued looking around until he finally sighed in frustration after realizing where she probably ran off to.  He then went to the Uchiha compound to speak with Madara.

Sora explained the situation to Madara, who looked at his pile of paperwork and considered declining the invitation to tag along. However, he immediately brushed away that intrusive thought. This was Sen they were talking about, and she certainly came before the damned village.

"Hn," Madara grunted quietly as he pushed away from his desk. He followed the Hyuga man through the forest, bounding through the treetops north of Konoha.

After a period of silence, Madara asked, "Why do you think she came all the way out here?"

"The place is special to her... And she may not even be here, but I have a strong feeling about it."

"Do you think she wants us to interfere?" the Uchiha questioned again.

Sora's face set in a bit of a grimace as he replied that while she probably wanted to be left alone, she didn't need to be.

Madara concealed it well, but he was worried about his lover. He knew she was under a great deal of stress and hoped there was something he could do to help her. As they traveled quickly through the countryside, he remembered their journey to Konohagakure, whenever the group had been confronted by those criminal shinobi. She had shown no fear, immediately using her Byakugan to assist Madara. He smiled at the memory and then pressed on harder, wanting to reach her as soon as possible.

"Madara," Sora spoke up. The man looked over to him before he continued, "My sister means a great deal to you, doesn't she?"

Sora noticed the smile that briefly flickered across Madara's face before he answered, "More than anything in this world, which is why I want to protect her from that bastard twin of yours."