The Strange Occurrence

Addison's POV

A loud caw woke Addison from her sleep. Addison was immediately on high alert. She darted out of the cave and scanned the treetops. A raven flew away.

Addison sighed in relief. She was edgy in the forest now that she didn't have a pack and there was a war brewing. Even Wyatt hadn't came to visit her. He probably didn't want to see the traitor anymore.

She hadn't dreamed of anything. In a way that was good. She hadn't hurt anyone. But she still didn't dream of the voice.

She still remembered it vividly. She had found a rock wall and pressed several spots on it and it rippled away. She had been walking down a tunnel when Zed had been calling her name. Then she heard the voice.

Come to me child.

Addison wanted to. She really did. But she couldn't find the rock wall or the tunnel in it. She had tried to dream about it again but failed.

Addison sat down on the rock wall outside the cave she had slept in and sighed again. She would never find the cave and never find the voice.

She looked over the forest with a sigh. Would she be alone forever? She had friends, she had family but she never had a pack.

Maybe her parents were right, her hair was some strange birth defect and the werewolves were wrong about their prophecy. Then how did the neckless work on her and why did she have white hair. It had to mean something. It just had too.

A white speck caught her eyes. It gradually got closer, coming down from somewhere high above. Addison stood up as she tensed for danger.

It was a large blob of something, just as it was about to hit the ground, a large puff of white smoke swelled up and down like a wave.

There standing was a boy about Addison's age. He had on brown khakis with a grey sweatshirt which was rolled up at the sleeves. His shoes were brown loafers.

His face had a of brown freckles scattered lightly over his nose and cheeks. His hair was gelled up like Zed's but his hair....his hair....it was white.

"Who are you?" Addison asked forcefully. His face was shocked but turned into wonder.

"You're one of us." The boy said in amazement.

"Who's us?" Addison asked a little confusion added to her menacing tone.

The boy laughed. "I'm Adrian. Nice to meet you." He reached out his hand. Addison ignored it.

"Adrian. You're name has an A! Like mine! And your hair!" Addison reached up to grab a strand of hair. A smile tugged at her lips. "Who are we?"

"Some one else will explain." Adrian said. He started to beckon to a rock wall.

"Wait one question." Addison asked. "Are we aliens?"

Adrian burst out laughing. He held his stomach as a smile spilt across his face. His pure white hair glittered in the morning sun, as if it was slightly misted.

Addison was glad. She didn't want to be an alien. Aliens seemed cruel and mean and way too far away. She still didn't want to leave Seabrook.

"Aliens." Adrian laughed. He shook his head. "No we are not aliens."

"Good." Addison said, her cheeks feeling a little warm.

"Do you wanna know who you really are?" Adrian asked.

"Yes!" Addison said.

"Come with me." He said mysteriously.

Willa's POV

Willa was angry at her ancestors. After all the scrolls they had written, not one helped Wyatt. There were dozens scrolls on vampires. Ten just on werewolf law. And even one about running.

How You Should Run. By Wilbert.

Stupid! Where were the medical scrolls? How did healers learn?

Willa carried a stack of scrolls about discoveries the werewolves had made over the years to Wilmar's den. She had learned early on not to study by Wyatt. He would eat up the scrolls when she wasn't looking.

She sat down on a slab of stone and settled down into the moss and furs. She started with one about plants. She was drifting with her mind wandering out of the cave when Wilmar walked in.

"Reading An Essential Guide to Werewolf Plants?" Wilmar asked. "Good scroll! I give all my learner healer's that one!"

"Have you read it multiple times?"

"Why yes! Young wolf! I've read every scroll we have!" Wilmar said.

"Anything Wyatt might have?"

"No, the young wolf is simply not himself. The closest thing would be...well let's not ruin it!  But it hasn't been seen in years. And the symptoms are different."

"What are the symptoms?" Willa asked eagerly.

"You must read." Wilmar said, pointing to the table. He chuckled. "You young wolves never listen to us when we live. Only when we die will we be remembered! Learning comes from reading not from wasting an old wolves charge." He lumbered out of the cave.

Willa sighed. Elders could be so annoying.

"I can't do this! Willa, go tell them I'm sick!"

"Yes you can! We've been practising all day! Come on Wyatt! You want to be alpha right?"

"No! Father is making us, you know that!"

"Father knows what's best for us! He knows we could both be great alphas!"

"Not if it involves public speaking and talking to the Elder's! They never say anything!"

"I'm sure they said things, we just don't listen! They're more annoying than scary,  I'm sure."

"I don't want to be alpha!"

"Wyatt! Calm down! Don't waste your charge!"

"Sorry, sorry."

"I don't know what I'd do without you. Don't die scardy wolf."

"Back to that, huh?"

"Just do it! You only have to speak to the elders about why you'd be a great alpha!"

"No! I am not doing it!"

"Fine! I'll do it first to show you how's it's done."

Willa looked over at her brother. How in so little time, could the situations be so different.

The elder's admired Willa's determination and confidence and made her alpha. It was all because of Wyatt.

Sorry I haven't updated in a really long time! I have been busy with school. I'm so sorry! I'll try to update at least once a week. Thank you for sticking with me. Comment and Vote! Thanks!