The Liers

Zed's POV

Zed was immediately overwhelmed. As soon as he walked in the door he was pelted with smells, sights and worst of all a memory.

Now Zed hadn't had many of his memories come back but when they did they hurt. A lot.

Zed stumbled as a flash came back to him.

"Where you going?" A little zombie girl asked, her pigtails bobbing.

"I'm going on a date." Past Zed said. He seemed cocky and happy.

"With Addison?" The little girl asked innocently.

"Well she is my girlfriend." Past Zed laughed. "Make sure to feed Puppy. Dad won't want to tell you again."

"I already did!" The little girl said. "But you'll always be my Puppy."

Past Zed smiled and put his arms up like a dog. "Ruff!"

The little girl giggled. "Good boy."

"Zed. Zed."

"What's wrong with him Daddy?"

"He'll be alright. Zed. Zed. Eliza get over here!"

"Puppy." Zed faintly said. "Dog named Puppy?"

"Yes. Yes. You have a dog."

Zed focused on the face above him. Wait above him? How was he on the floor?

Zed sat up frantically.

"You fell on the floor." The girl next to him.

Zed tried to place the girl's face. He knew that he knew her. Was she his sister? Had she grown up that much?

Zed scrunched his eyes together. A headache was forming. The sweet smells weren't helping. Zed was also freezing. Were zombies always freezing?

"I'm Eliza. Your friend." The girl said.

Zed blinked quickly. Nothing registered. No memories of her.

"Zed. Maybe we should get you to the couch." Dad said.

"Yep yep." Zed mumbled. He felt arms lift him up. They dragged him to his feet and helped him shakily walk to the worn couch.

"Zedisca!"

A tall zombie said. Zed immediately remembered him. Zed almost cried from pain as memories crashed into him. He pushed them away. It was too much.

"Bonzo!" Zed said. He broke away from the people helping him and hugged him.

"Zed is better! Zed is normal!" Bonzo said. It sounded different somehow then normal speak.

"Not yet buddy." Zed responded. Why did that sound right? He hadn't thought about it just said it.

"Zed. You can understand Bonzo?" Eliza said. She sounded different too.

"Yes." Had he said something wrong? He started to panic. They wouldn't send him back to prison. Right?

"You...we are speaking Zombie."

"Zombie?" Zed panicked. He knew another language?

"Zed. Zed. It's normal. All zombies know it from birth." Eliza said.

Zed took a shuttering breath. That was good right?

"You good?" Eliza asked.

Zed looked in her eyes before slowly dropping them to his folded hands. They were too pale. If he had been a zombie his whole life? How had his memories been stolen?