The Unrest

Willa's POV

"Where were you?" Willa asked Wyatt supsiously.

"Gardening." Wyatt said, brushing past her, heading to the lower Wolf Tunnels.

"And you had to stay up all day so that you could escape to go garden?" Willa asked. Wyatt turned and walked backwards.

"Look Willa. Don't ask questions you don't want answers to. Trust me. It will save you lots of trouble." Wyatt said. He turned. Willa stood at the entrance of the tunnel. What was her brother doing?

Wyatt had changed a lot. He had his first tempus and was the most happy she had ever seen him. Then the traitor left. Wyatt was broken.

Wyatt was captured with the pack and suffered through more hell then any other. He was almost dead, before he was forced to become a human. Then he was a werewolf. That couldn't have been easy.

Wyatt couldn't be doing something bad...right?

Willa needed to follow her little brother. She was a protector, she needed to know what her brother was doing so that she could protect him from what the war was doing to people.

I don't think I'm better then him, do I?

It was a silly thought. Willa tried to shake it out of her mind. But did she? She was alpha, he was beta. She was older, but did that make her wiser? Wyatt had experienced things without her.

Ever since they went into the human town, Wyatt and Willa had done things without each other. They used to be inseparable, now Wyatt was always doing something else.

Was it Willa's right to know everything Wyatt did? She wasn't acting alpha anymore. She was only his sister.

This was war, Willa decided. She needed to make sure he was okay.

She walked down to his den and opened the moss curtain. He wasn't there. Willa could smell his scent from days and nights past but no fresh scents.

Willa sniffed in the tunnel. She couldn't smell a scent anywhere. She had seen him going in here. There was no other tunnels. The first split in the tunnel was later.

How had he covered his scent? More importantly where did he go?

Willa ran up to the main Wolf Den to see if Wyatt had somehow slipped past her. He had just come back from his so called gardening. He wouldn't have left again?

Willa looked up at the watcher's position. Whitney and Wylie, the two new pack mates were on duty.

"Hey guys." Willa said.

"Hello." Whitney said.

"Hi, Willa." Wylie echoed.

"So, I was wondering. Have you seen Wyatt anywhere? Did he leave the den?" Willa asked.

"No, I saw him go done to the tunnels with you but haven't seen him since." Wylie said. "Sorry."

"I didn't see him leave." Whitney said.

"Oh, okay." Willa said, still disappointed. "Thanks anyway." She left the two wolves and went to a fire pit. She felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Wayne has called you." Willow said softly. "He wants to see you now."

Willa stood up. Willow led Willa through the tunnels. They twisted downwards and the scent of the outdoors got stale. Willow entered a den with bark maps plastered all over the walls.

The top of the cave was clear and glowing, sparkling moss hung down, giving off a faint glow. A stone table was covered in ink,sticks and bark, supplies for making more maps.