The New Werewolf

Addison followed Willa through the woods. She kept up pretty well for a human even though they weren't going full speed.

They reached the Wolf Den in no time at all. Wyatt pulled Willa aside.

"Does she know what's coming?" He asked.

"No," Willa said. "not even I know what's coming."

The Elder Circle had been vague on how exactly they would welcome Addison into the pack. She had heard rumors that there would be no test.

Usually, at the age of 13, a werepup went through tests of bravery, fighting, and loyalty to become a full werewolf and get the pack mark.

If there was no test, how would Addison prove her worth to the pack?

"Addison, above all show kindness, loyalty, and confidence." Wyatt said. "These are the most important qualities of a werewolf." Addison nodded looking nervous.

"And don't be nervous. We can smell fear." Wynter said. "Too much?"

"Yes" Willa said.

"Bad wolf! Bad wolf!" Wynter said. Willa felt bad for her. She quickly shook that feeling away.

Willa jumped and landed at the enterence of the den. The others followed her in. Willa howled to let everyone know Addison was here. Werewolves of all ages made their way to the main den.

There were less then before the sickness, Willa noticed with sadness. Their were no new werepups and the elders were few.

They all made a circle around the tall rock. The moon was full. Willa sucked in the moonlight and sighed with delight. She ran up to the tall rock with Addison and Wyatt meeting Willow.

"Wolves! We have found the Great Alpha!" Willa shouted. Howls filled the air. "Tonight we will charge her moonstone and she will be one of us!"

Willow step up to the edge of the rock. "Addison our Great Alpha." Addison steped by Willow. "She has shown kindness in accepting us as we are. She has shown loyalty by fighting for us even in the darkest of times. She has shown confidence by standing up to the humans leaders for us." A solemn silence filled the cave.
Willow ripped off Addison's neckless and held it in the air. Addison's eyes were filled with shock. Willow threw the neckless down at the werewolves gathered below. They caught it and tossed it to each other getting closer to the moonstone.

Willa and Wyatt ran down towards the moonstone. Just in time, Wyatt reached the moonstone and caught the neckless. He gave one side of the leather string to Willa and they let in hang just above the moonstone.

Willa started a howl. It reminded the werewolves all Addison had done for them and how she should be part of the pack. Wyatt joined in next. The rest of the pack took up the howl accepting Addison. Once the howls faded away. Willa took the neckless and charged it. She could feel the power of the moonstone flow through her.

She let go and walked the neckless back up to the rock with Wyatt by her side. Willow nodded in aproval.

Addison's POV

"The pack has spoken." Willow said. "Addison do you promise to protect the pack with your life?"

"I do" Addison replied with certainty.

"Do you promise to be loyal to your pack and leaders through hard times and good times?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to show kindness to those who need it and show fierceness to those who deserve it?"

"I do."

"The promises have been made. Stay true to these promises until you join the wolves dancing among the stars." Willow said. She raised the neckless up to the full moon. Then she lowered it on to Addison's neck.

The power surged through ever bone in her body. The darkness sprung into high definition. She could see every werewolf face and every dark corner.

A million new smells were found every breath. Claws grew on her nails until they were sharp, cutting into her skin. She felt her gums bleed as her front teeth grew into fangs. Her ears stretched as they formed into tips. She could hear the tiniest bug flap its wings. For a second everything was perfect.

Then it all went wrong. She let out a howl of pain as a braslet Zed had given her steamed. She collapsed on the ground holding her wrist. The werewolves surged forward trying to help her.

She faintly heard a rour and the smell of sickly sweet filled the air.

She heard Wyatt holding her asking what was wrong. Trying to help. Sounds of pain filled the air. Whimpers and growls.

Wyatt threw Addison's claws away from her wrist and steam filled the air. Addison weakly clawed at his arms. Wyatt reached for the braslet and quickly pulled it off throwing it away. He let out a howl of pain when he got burned.

Addison took deep breaths. The pain was subsiding. She sat up and saw Zed surrounded by werewolves who had claws beared and their inner wolf out.

Wyatt held his hand, it looked red and it must of hurt a lot. Addison saw she herself had a red mark, swollen. It went around her wrist and stung as the air touched it.

Wyatt quickly stood. He helped Addison up and looked down as if he was in no pain. Confidence, no weakness, right Addison thought.

"Why are you here?" Willa asked.

Addison realized werewolves were scattered around the edges of the cave standing but clearly in pain.

"I needed to find Addison. I can't live without you." Zed said looking at Addison. Addison could smell the fear coming off of him.

"You are going to have to." Wyatt called. "She's a werewolf now."

"What did you do?!" Addison said.

Zed guiltily brought out a small silver pan. The werewolves around the circle hissed and backed up.

"How could you do that?" Addison cried. She had experienced the pain silver could do to a werewolf. "Why would you hurt us?"

"I didnt want to but you were hurt and i needed to get to you." Zed said.

"I was hurt from silver!" Addison said. Zed's eyes widened. Wyatt looked at Addison worriedly.

"You need to leave." He told Zed. "Now."

"No! I need to talk to Addison!" Zed said.

Addison couldn't beileve this was the guy she was dating. Her inner wolf was pacing angrily begging to be let out. Addison fought it back as hard as she could. She stumbled as the cave erupted into shouting.

The noise was overwhelming. Addison's ears picking up every voice and howl. She tried covering her ears. It didnt help. Her inner wolf roared begging to stop the noice. She couldnt think through the noice, the pain of her silver wound. She let her inner wolf emerge.

She roared, her eyes turning yellow and her moonstone glowing. She leaped from the rock all the way to Zed. She gave out a warming growl then barked, telling him to leave.
She crouched down and shuffled around Zed. He tried to run. She let out a howl and her claws scrached across his stomach.

She heard voices, familiar sounding ones but she paid no attention. A howl came from somewhere behind her telling her to stand down. It was the Alpha. She couldn't ignore that.

She gave another warning bark to the zombie and creeped away. She felt the pain return of her silver wound. Strength left her body. She tripped and fell having no strength to stop.

She was stopped by a strong set of arms. She mumbled trying to thank him. Her eyes closed from exhaustion.