Part 2. Chapter 18. Rescued.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

This was their first ground combat operation on Cybertron since war was declared on the Autobots. Until now Megatron didn't participate in direct battles on his home planet, battles in the orbit, where he commanded his fleet while remaining on the ship, didn't count. Their goal now was to break into the territory of Iacon's Main Scientific Institute and retrieve the holographic blueprints of a potentially powerful weapon. Megatron remembered this institute, once he even had an internship there. The Decepticon knew both the building's layout and the security system. Fallen clearly ordered Megatron and his group not to engage in battle with any of the Primes, should they suddenly appear. Not with anyone, even Optimus, whom Megatron must destroy in the future. The goal is the blueprints, and nothing more.

There were battles on the streets and in the air, which made it somewhat easier for Megatron and twelve other Decepticon fighters to reach the target

There were battles on the streets and in the air, which made it somewhat easier for Megatron and twelve other Decepticon fighters to reach the target. But they had to fight in the air too. Starscream, who was already somewhat accustomed to battles, fully believed that they were fulfilling a heroic mission - saving Cybertron and the lower strata of the population from the oppression of the ruling dynasty. Actually, he picked up this from Megatron, and he, in turn, from the Teacher. But, unlike the SIC, Megatron aka Avenger didn't lose his mind and soberly assessed the situation.

"Behold your heroes, Cybertron!" Starscream aimed a missile at the two Autobots controlling the ground turret. An explosion thundered. "We will show these scoundrels, who have broken our lives, what's good for them!

 "We will show these scoundrels, who have broken our lives, what's good for them!

This shout had an inspiring effect on Megatron. Dodging one cannon shot, he transformed in the air and fought off another charge with the sword, aiming in the same direction from where this burst of energy came. Something exploded, and the landed Decepticon happily clenched his fists.

"Yes!"

"Megatron... Megatronus Prime?!"

He was almost paralyzed. This voice... Slowly turning around, Megatron saw a large blue and white mech emerging from a cloud of dense dust, about two heads taller than himself, and he was also much wider in the shoulders. White faceplate, antennae on the blue helmet like... his false brother's ones, a bright scarlet Autobot mark on his chest. And where did he come from???