Part 1. Chapter 9. Looking back.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

The next three days passed in intense tension. Realizing that such a discovery shouldn't be hidden from his comrades, Optimus had to tell them everything. The news, as the Leader of the Autobots expected, were perceived extremely negatively.

"And what shall we do now?" Bumblebee asked, bending and unbending his fingers, as if expecting clues from them.

"Megatron has no place among us!" Ironhide pronounced his verdict.

"Yeah, but how do we tell him that?" Ratchet could not resist. "Like, Black Whirlwind, we're sorry, but you can no longer stay with us, because in reality you are not our friend, but the leader of the enemy clan! We deceived you, hoping to get a fragment of the Allspark from your friend, which she uses as a decoration. Yes?"

"You 're overreacting," Prowl objected immediately.

"You think?" the medic stubbornly stood his ground. "By the way, it was you who lost him back then."

"And what could I do about it?!" The ninja bot approached Ratchet. "His tracking device showed that Megatron was in the center of the energy release, although he quite convincingly denies any involvement, but that was the reason and the source... Of course, it had to do something with the Allspark, I dare to assume, but still..."

"Megatron himself was the source, as well as the reason," Optimus said unexpectedly to everyone with a confident voice.

"Why do you think so, Prime?" immediately asked Sam, who was also present at this meeting along with his girlfriend.

Optimus didn't answer, trying to recall in detail that evening, for what reason he was in a state of blockage. Ratchet suggested that was a power surge, but there was no danger. Optimus himself understood that the matter was somewhat different, and only then he and Ratchet realized what exactly it was. This signal came from his Matrix of Leadership, and just at that moment when that outbreak occurred... Is it likely that the same thing happened with his brother? However, the leader of the Autobots didn't dare to test his theory, because otherwise his brother would have felt this and was immediately filled with suspicions. Ratchet said the energy level is still weak enough for Megatronus to feel any changes. But when this happens... He doesn't know, he doesn't remember himself, he is not aware of his own strength and he doesn't know his origin.

"So... Optimus," Sam reminded himself again, "why do you think so?"

"I'm not sure ..." Prime muttered quickly and immediately turned to the medic: "Ratchet, what is the state of Megatronus's neural networks?"

"Hmm... Initially, the memory banks were damaged by ninety-three percent, gradually decreasing to eighty-nine... But the result of the last scan showed eighty-one and a half percent."