37.

Franky's POV

I wake up with my head on Oscar's arm and his eyes on me. I sit up, ignoring the soreness. "You would've woken me," I tell him. "Can you feel your arm?"

"Oh, my arm!" He laughs. "No, baby, I'm fine. I was just watching you sleep."

I lean down and peck his lips. "So creepy," I joke.

"So in love," he corrects me. "Do you wanna look for a ring today? And before you ask, I was thinking I can get you a thin chain too and you can put the ring there." He brushes his fingers over my collarbone.

I take his hand and kiss his palm then whisper on his skin, "I love it but I'm sore and it's not like we need a ring right away."

"Are you ok?" He sits up.

"I'm fine, are you ok? I clawed you your back." I was so upset last night about that.

"Fine," he smirks then kisses me.

"Hmm," I hum, pulling away. "I have to take a shower, wanna help?"

He scoops me in his arms. I squeal as he carries me off the bed. I swear we were going to fall. It was easy to hop in the shower since we were already naked. I gather my hair then twirl it into a bun on the top of my head.

"Let me," he whispers, grabbing the body wash. He pours some in his palm then rubs it on my back.

As he cleans my body, I wander off into thought. Oscar is so hooked on getting me a ring, I can only imagine how he will act about our wedding. Because of my pregnancy, it won't happen right away but the more I think about it, the more I don't want it. When Oscar called me his wife I came to the realization that I want to be a wife, not a bride.

"Franky?" Oscar drags me out of my thoughts. I face him. "Did you hear me?"

"No, what did you say?" I grab the body wash and rub some on his chest.

"Nothing, what's going on in that beautiful head of yours?"

I glue my eyes to his chest in shame as I speak, "do you...do you want a wedding?"

He's quiet for a moment and I'm happy I can't read his expression. "Do you?" I groan, rolling my eyes. I asked him first.

"I want to be your wife."

"And...not a bride," he says, quoting me from my own mind. "Hey," he rests his large hands on either side of my face, "I don't need a big party for you to be my wife or for you to wear a ring on your finger to be mine. All I need is you."

"And you claim to be the lucky one."

He pecks my lips. "So no wedding and a ring on a chain?" He asks, and I nod. "Anything else?"

"Another kiss?"

Oscar's POV
Three months later...

I hate this fucking cat. I had taken Franky and Baba to an animal shelter for his birthday. We were supposed to get a dog but they spent almost an hour playing with the same cat. We took that little bastard home and now they call it Pluto.

He's sitting a few feet away just watching me as I clean his litter. He only does this with me, it fucking pisses me off.

"Imma hit you," I threaten him but he just slowly blinks at me. Bitch.

"Oscar!" Franky screams from downstairs. My heart stops and my blood runs cold. I run down the hall-nearly crushing the cat-and down the stairs-nearly falling down them. "Oscar!" She screams my name again.