27.

"Who was that guy?" Oscar finally asks when we're alone in the kitchen.

"An old friend, well, now an ex-friend," I keep my eyes on the cutting board in front of me. "He called my f-" I shut my mouth. Oscar doesn't know that Boris bought me and I want to keep it that way.

"He called your what?"

I look at him. "Leave it, Oscar."

He stares at me hard for a moment, searching for something then nods and kisses me cheek. "Are you ok, seeing her I mean?"

I nod.

She's flawless. Perfect for Boris and she's even around his age. Her brown hair is long and curled like mine but somehow nothing like mine. Maybe it was her bangs that were swiped to the side. Her makeup was light and unneeded. Her perfect cheekbones, full lips, and even skin are hard to forget.

"Maybe we should do dinner another night, it's not like you're leaving permanently."

I roll my eyes before smashing my lips on his. "I am fine," I say slowly after pulling away. "Why would I be upset when I have you?"

"Because he was your first love, maybe?" I look at him utterly shocked. "Oh come on," he chuckles awkwardly, "that sort of pain he caused you came from somewhere and it's not from just hitting you either. Oh, and it's only been a month."

"Oscar," I sigh.

"Don't worry, I still hate him," he chuckles. "And I want him nowhere near you but that's never gonna happen, so I just wanna make sure you're ok with all of this," he brushes the hair out of my face.

"I think seeing them all there was too much," I finally admit, "but not the way you would think."

He kisses my head. "Call off dinner...please?" He quietly adds.

"Fine," I groan. It doesn't bother me much since I bought everything with my own money. My phone rings. I check the screen...of course, he would call me. "Baba! Come here!"

Baba enters the kitchen. I pick up before handing him the phone, "it's your dad," I explain.

"Imma check on Cesar," Oscar winks at me before vanishing down the hall.

Baba steps to me and shakes his head. "He wants you," he holds out my phone. Why does he want to talk to me? I thank him, taking the phone then he walks away.

"Yeah?" I ask into the phone.

"Hey," he answers awkwardly, "I just wanted to check up on you."

"Boris, you know you can't do that." I take a seat at the table and rest my head in my hand.

"I still care about you, Franky and no one-not even you-can change that." His voice is stronger now, more confident. "And...and I didn't want you to meet her like that."

"We didn't meet Boris, she noticed my son then y'all two took off, I wouldn't really call that meeting."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Yeah," me too. I don't like how she knew who he was before Boris could say anything but I'm not going to talk about that now. "Is that it?"

"Don't be like that Franky. I know you haven't told Oscar our full story and that you have no one to talk about this over there." I hate that he's right. "Talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about, Boris," I can't stop the irritation in my voice. I've had enough weird shit happened to me today. First seeing Paul, then Boris and Dani "together", and Oscar thanking Boris for saving me. What the hell was that? Now Boris wants to act like we didn't break a part of each other and be friends.