16.

Franky's POV

The rooms didn't need to be fixed or anything, I had to take a break from Boris' fats planning. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I pace around the room for a good ten minutes before I get a text from Cesar, asking for me to come in and help clean up. I stroll down to the kitchen where Sasha seemed to be waiting for me. "I'm about to leave, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Sure," I jump on the counter.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"No apologies," I hold out my finger then smile at him. "If it makes you feel better, one day I will for sure snap at you."

He chuckles. "I'll hold you to that."

"Please do."

"Alright, imma be right back with Jaime."

Baba runs inside with Boris right behind him. "You guys wanna come with me?" He asks.

"No," I answer, jumping down from the counter. "I'm surprised you don't already have everything packed for tomorrow."

His eyes darken.

"Come on, baby," I grab Baba's hand and look at Boris, "I was called in, imma take Baba with me."

"Called in? You worked already today."

"And they need me again. Plus, I have to ask for the next days off. Let's go, Baba."

Baba is more excited about camping than I thought. He talked his mouth off the whole ride to the bakery. It warmed my heart to see him like this, Boris was right about Baba loving this and he seemed even more excited when I mentioned Sasha and Jaime coming along too.

"Hola, mami!" Cesar exclaims as Baba and I walk through the front doors. "Aw, you brought little papi with you!"

"Hi Cesar," I smile at him.

There are a few people in line but Cesar doesn't seem to care, he never does. Plus, it's only him working tonight.

"Bring him behind the counter, I need you in the back." I nod and usher Baba behind the counter with Cesar. "Gracias mani," he kisses my cheek.

"Don't thank me yet, I need a few days off." My nose scrunches up uncontrollably.

"Hell, take the week off. You work your ass off-shit sorry-no shit," he rushes out then looks at Baba. "Papi, what did we say about me?"

"Ignore your bad words," Baba answers.

"Or try not saying them," I suggest.

"I'm trying!" Cesar laughs. I grab my apron from the rank and pull it over my head as I step through the double door leading to the back.

I gasp at the mess. It's not a bakery mess, it's more like a fighting mess. I start cleaning right away.

********

After the twenty minutes of the quick clean, Cesar closed up early for us to chat and eat. "Baba, stop playing with your food," I take the fork from his hands.

"Can we go?" He whines.

"No," I snap then suddenly remembered what Boris said about Baba seeing us with around other people. I turn to Cesar, "I'm sorry, we have to go."

"¿Por qué?" His brows sew together.

"His father should be home by now," I lie, rising to my feet. Boris shouldn't be home for another hour or so. "It's getting late." That part was true, the bakery's on the other side of town.