Chapter 21: Agents

Jimmy and Squirps finished eating their sandwiches that they bought from a nearby restaurant to the library, and finally set-off to find the forest.

"So Squirps, how far do you approximate we have to walk based on the map?" Jimmy asked.

"Assuming that it is precise and accurate-enough in terms of the relationship between multiple places, I would say an entire day at least. I am so sorry to say this, but progress is progress either way you slice it."

"What is your method?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you using to determine the distance from where we are now to the edge of the forest?"

"Oh, I am using finger-lengths.

The distance from here to the mall where we picked-up the money and got the last clue is more-or-less the length of one of my fingers. It took us about 5 hours to travel that far. The number of finger-lengths from here to the edge of the forest is about 4-5. I realize that it is very crude, but it is my best estimation." Squirps replied.

"Well then... What do you think about your ship?"

"I really cannot say for sure; what I do remember that I was flying over the mountains somewhere, but that is it. Overall, that information is very vague, but if we are lucky, it will probably be somewhere relatively close to the statue of your ancestor." Squirps answered.

After walking a few more meters without conversation, Squirps heard pounding footsteps coming from behind Jimmy. "Look out!" he yelled at his friend, who immediately side-stepped out of the way and turned his body to find two men in black clothes and sunglasses almost fall after failing to grab him.

One of them charged at Jimmy again, but was tripped, causing him to fall face-first into the ground, knocking off his glasses. The other man retaliated by charging again and trying to punch Jimmy before being grappled and tossed to the ground.

Jimmy then rushed forward after the first man got up and turned around to face him and punched the guy right in the side of the face, leaving him downed on the ground motionless. The other man dashed towards Jimmy and tried to attack but was kicked precisely in the abdominal region and then pounded in the face, leaving him too on the ground unconscious.

"Wow," Jimmy said, "that was interesting. Who were those guys?"

Squirps took a good look at their clothes. They were best described as simple, black, business suits with sunglasses covering the mens' eyes. "I don't know." He then took an even better look at their chests and found a small Illuminati symbol on the left side. "How odd..."

"What is it?" Jimmy asked as he looked down at the two unconscious bodies.

"These appear to be Illuminati agents. Look, the suits have the little eye symbol on their chests. Lord Zayne must have recruited servants to disguise themselves as employees of the Illuminati so that he could try and stop us. But seriously, that was cool! You sure showed them!"

Jimmy then nodded with a tiny smile on his face before they turned towards the mountains again and started off for real this time.