Chapter 17: Questions

A couple hours passed; Jimmy and Squirps travelled all morning with only two rest stops interfering with their progress, but they were completely necessary. At this point, they were almost at their destination, but they were still a few miles away.

"Man, Squirps; these journeys have been exhausting."

"You and me both...." Squirps agreed.

"Hey, how long have you been on Earth, if you don't mind me asking?" Jimmy asked his friend.

"Oh, a couple of months maybe."

"And you have been working with the Illuminati since you first arrived here?"

"Yep, and I was good at my job; really good! When I first came here, I needed to get comfortable with the new surroundings, as your planet is vastly different from the one that I come from. But after a couple of days, I was able to begin my work with them and not be bothered by the new surroundings."

Jimmy nodded as he understood Squirps' explanation. "Is working with the Illuminati fun at all?"

"Yea, I suppose. Especially since I have the expertise in working with advanced technology, my job in the organization is quite important. The more vital you are, the more you care I guess."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were now getting very close to the library. They were approximately 10 miles away from it at this moment in time, and would only need to keep moving a little while longer.